CCM 2024 - Axis XF Pro

ZeroGravitas

8 minutes ago, Madmedic6 said:

Customizers won't load past the select product screen on my desktop, but work fine on my phone.. weird. 

Having the same issue in Firefox - not sure if it's Firefox, or one of my extensions that is doing it. Chrome seems to work just fine though.

48 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Having the same issue in Firefox - not sure if it's Firefox, or one of my extensions that is doing it. Chrome seems to work just fine though.

Finally got it to open on chrome. Narrowed it down to 2 designs. Now to decide if I want to go simple or bold. 😅

1 hour ago, Hockey34 said:

So are we finally going to be able to order custom ccm sticks since it’s in the catalog?

That I am not certain of at the moment. I'm hoping they will be available as id love some custom xf pros 

Edited by Madmedic6
  • Like 1

Monkey has posted CCM XF gear up for custom order it seems - https://www.goaliemonkey.com/new-items/ccm-goalie-equipment-combo-axis-xf-total-custom-pro-sr.html

CCM Axis XF Total Custom Pro Senior Goalie Leg Pads:

The newest evolution to CCM's line of butterfly-oriented pads, the Axis XF pads were designed to enhance movement speed, butterfly stability, and fire pucks away from the crease with a highly-responsive, LiteXCore. Stock, the Axis XF pads ship with a pre-curved, LiteXCore, with a single internal break below the knee, and no break in the outer roll. Padding each core, CCM's new, Infinite Power Rebound foams help to control and redirect the puck's impact energy. For goalies who prefer a different build, CCM offers the stock core with a single break out roll, and their MaxRebound+ (Extra Stiff) face foam through Total Custom. Additionally, straight and no-break core options can be ordered through Total Custom Pro.

Familiar to fans of CCM, the DRS Pro (Dynamic Response System) returns for the Axis XF pads. With an emphasis on movement speed, the DRS Pro design consists of a one-piece inner-edge; featuring a two-piece knee stack, integrated at the bottom layer to offer unmatched pad response with improved long-term durability. Highly adjustable, the DRS Pro strap can be quickly adjusted to run behind the knee to the removable knee wing or down and across to the calf wrap. CCM's Quick Motion Strap System returns with a molded, 3D grip, upper-calf strapping, QMSS 2. As stock pads, the knee stack is topped with CCM's 3D grip material, with the added option of a SureGrip knee landing through Total Custom Pro.

Built for movement, the Axis XF leg pads feature a new Speed Channel design, implementing a tapered calf plate along each inner gusset to reduce sliding friction. Also new for the Axis XF pads, hybrid toe ties secure each boot while allowing more give over traditional skate lace toe ties, but less give when pushing off the posts over bungee toe ties. An offset, HD toe bridge, provides the new hybrid toe ties with firm anchoring into a shallow, 90° boot. Continued from the Axis 2 pads, the shallow, 90° boot allows the pads to rotate quicker with less binding between the pads and skates. Stock these pads are built with CCM's shallow/soft leg channel and boot option, with a shallow/stiff option available through Total Custom Pro.

CCM Axis XF Total Custom Pro Senior Goalie Blocker:

Continuing the Axis ethos, the Axis XF blocker prioritizes mobility and response. Built around CCM's LiteXCore™ molded blocker board, the Axis XF blocker's weight-reducing construction gives it a lightweight, responsive feel, with a high-pop core to fire pucks away from the crease. Below the board, a centered palm balances the weight of the blocker to enable quicker, more precise movements. A Pro-Style Nash® palm provides a plush, moisture-resistant point of control for the XF blocker, layered with SureGrip to improve long-term durability and ensure a confident grip. For those who prefer, a layered Nash palm can be optioned as well an Intermediate palm through Total Custom. All available Total Custom options, along with an offset palm (lower positioning), loose fit palm, and Extra Large palms are available through Total Custom Pro.

Redesigned from the Axis 2, a segmented, FlexMotion cuff allows for a greater-range-of-motion, and can be easily adjusted to feel tighter or more open with Velcro on each side of the cuff. Additionally, CCM's molded, X-Stiff sidewall, was redesigned to enhance hand protection for the Axis XF blocker. To protect the fingers without adding excess weight, CCM has implemented, straight, High-Density Foam finger protection with shock-responsive, D30® offering additional index protection. Curved finger protection is available as an option through CCM's Total Custom Pro.

CCM Axis XF Total Custom Pro Senior Goalie Glove:

The new Axis XF glove was designed to lightweight and responsive without compromising coverage. The Axis XF glove is built around CCM's injection-molded, one-piece, LiteCore™ cuff, providing high-strength, low-weight coverage up to the glove's 591 palm. Continued from the Axis 2 glove, the 591 break angle represents CCM's take on the popular 590 break; offering a fingertip-to-mid-thumb closure in combination with their unique, Form Fit System. For those who prefer, CCM still offers their more traditional 580, 590, and 600 breaks through Total Custom and Total Custom Pro. Stock, the Axis XF glove ships Game Ready with D30® layering to offer an additional, reactive, layer of palm protection. Pro and Practice palms, with optional D30® layering for Game Ready and Pro palms can be ordered through CCM's Total Custom Pro.

Returning for the Axis XF, CCM's heat-activated, Form Fit System, replaces traditonal finger stalls with a heat-moldable Sure-Grip palm. Designed to provide a highly-personalized fit through oven thermoforming or more organically formed after a few skates, the Form-Fit heat-reactive foams conform the SureGrip palm to the goalie's unique finger and hand positioning. Featuring CCM's FlexMotion cuff with a new, segmented, FlexMotion backhand, the Axis XF glove was designed to offer CCM's best off-the-shelf closure. Also carried-over from the Axis 2, CCM's Cross Form Strap provides a secure and comfortable multi-point fit to ensure proper glove positioning without restricting mobility. Standard, the Axis XF glove features a double tee pocket , with Total Custom and Total Custom Pro offering a single tee option for all breaks.

5 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

There are face foam options now? I see 2 of them, can someone speak about these?

Infinite Power Rebound is new this year. Don't know much about it.

MaxRebound+ should be the same foam they used in Axis 1/2.

1 hour ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Infinite Power Rebound is new this year. Don't know much about it.

MaxRebound+ should be the same foam they used in Axis 1/2.

53 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Thank you. I wonder if the new one got more of a kick, or stiffer core. 

Maxrebound was an option for Eflex 6 as well, which I have. Definitely more pop on the rebounds and stiffer overall. Is the "+" part new, or is that the same?

43 minutes ago, froese said:

Maxrebound was an option for Eflex 6 as well, which I have. Definitely more pop on the rebounds and stiffer overall. Is the "+" part new, or is that the same?

What's interesting is that the 2023 custom goal catalog does not mention the "+" for either AX2 or EF6.

But the regular retail catalog for 2023 lists the Core Construction of the AX2 as "LITEXCORE AND MAX REBOUND+ TECHNOLOGY".

9 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

What's interesting is that the 2023 custom goal catalog does not mention the "+" for either AX2 or EF6.

But the regular retail catalog for 2023 lists the Core Construction of the AX2 as "LITEXCORE AND MAX REBOUND+ TECHNOLOGY".

So, I went back and found some pics I took when I unboxed my EF6's and here you can see they explicitly identify the MAXREBOUND with the "+", so I'm guessing it's the same core in the XF line.

Screenshot_20240411-143923.png

54 minutes ago, froese said:

So, I went back and found some pics I took when I unboxed my EF6's and here you can see they explicitly identify the MAXREBOUND with the "+", so I'm guessing it's the same core in the XF line.

Screenshot_20240411-143923.png

New axis core will be infinite rebound stock. 

59 minutes ago, froese said:

Yup. From a stiffness rating, do you know where that sits in relation to Litexcore and Maxrebound+? In between?

It's weird seeing them list the maxcore as a x-stiff core compared to the new core. But the xf is a single internal/no outer break pad. I haven't seen any in person so I'm just speculating at this point. 

Screenshot_20240411-175216.png

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, froese said:

Yup. From a stiffness rating, do you know where that sits in relation to Litexcore and Maxrebound+? In between?

The stock Axis 2 is LiteXCore and MaxRebound+. The stock Axis XF is LiteXCore and Infinite Power Rebound.

It's hard to say how MaxRebound+ and IPR will feel - there's nothing concrete yet. The only thing is the custom goal catalog which shows "X-STIFF" for MaxRebound+.

Per the '24 custom goal catalog:

ReboundFaces.thumb.png.a566604793a3ead6043752a0b8a1f345.png

Axis2Stock.png.23fa6402b80a848eea619ae4579644bd.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

The stock Axis 2 is LiteXCore and MaxRebound+. The stock Axis XF is LiteXCore and Infinite Power Rebound.

It's hard to say how MaxRebound+ and IPR will feel - there's nothing concrete yet. The only thing is the custom goal catalog which shows "X-STIFF" for MaxRebound+.

Per the '24 custom goal catalog:

ReboundFaces.thumb.png.a566604793a3ead6043752a0b8a1f345.png

Axis2Stock.png.23fa6402b80a848eea619ae4579644bd.png

At this point it's just a big mind fk lol

• Haha 1