Jump to content

CCM 2024 - Axis XF Pro


ZeroGravitas

Recommended Posts

Thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Kaskisuo, we've got some video of the upcoming CCM set.

The resolution of the box is pretty low, but these are pretty standard boxes from CCM, whether the gear is stock or custom. Below is the box from the video and a picture of my custom EF5 box.

Box.thumb.png.abcea2296dc0c4713ddabb22dc5238e7.pngCustomBox.thumb.jpg.5fd957632515bd067abf764061067dca.jpg

The EF5 box affixes "CUST" to each line for custom product. I think the "SP" suffix in the words also denotes that it is special/custom. Anyone with a stock or custom Axis 2/EF6 box to corroborate?

We don't see a CUST suffix on Kaskisuo's box, but there may be a SP suffix in its place at the end. Resolution is too low to make it out.

For colour, it looks like we can see "SR W/W/W/W..." for the pads and similar for the glove and blocker, with "REG" attached to denote regular handedness.

Weight appears of the new set appears to be very close/same as EF5.

I suspect this Axis XF is stock, though.

Boot.thumb.png.8c3337e9dd30b744be2f9d0312431da8.png

Boot appears to be flatter than EF6/AX2? There was a very slight channel to AX2/EF6. Hard to tell with the brightness.

KneeCradle.thumb.png.fd061c556548b937aa4b3c3c68a076fa.png

Knee cradle material looks the same. The grey material used in the leg channel seems the same.

Blocker.thumb.png.010001d7d92113992cb984f0a223924d.png

Looks like the blocker has some of the knee grip material on the inside of the cuff.

Gloves.thumb.png.5e34bf99b6f4c88776835a07b8411782.png

Hard to see, but the catcher might have some too, you can see something gray by the D3O tag.InsideEddge.thumb.png.f0d3dbc0496cedcf47058448e576d5e1.png

Hard to tell if the stitching lines that separate the calf landing from the pad are there. It seems like there is some kind of separation, so these might be Total Custom Pro pads rather than off-the-shelf retail Pro/standard Total Custom.

Profile.thumb.png.e793a0934a9a0641d8087e0c74117c3f.png

Strapping looks the same. No change to the DRS PRO or QMSS 2 logos so it seems like there are little to no changes regarding strapping.

Catcher.png

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/22/2023 at 11:48 AM, ZeroGravitas said:

Don't wanna step on the Big Man's toes.

As long as it's site content, fully encouraged!

Appreciate the forensic science here. If they went to Kask, I would assume it's built off the pro dept production line which is the same as the Total Custom Pro.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

As long as it's site content, fully encouraged!

Appreciate the forensic science here. If they went to Kask, I would assume it's built off the pro dept production line which is the same as the Total Custom Pro.

@Hockey34 mentioned the size was on the boot, so it could be off the shelf retail. Unless its a TCP pad and they embroidered the size on the boot but that seems unlikely. Do you have a picture of your EF6 box to see how it compares to my EF5 box and Kask's box?

scene00126.thumb.png.b0617898cf7386c5d8ba16b05f2be21f.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

@Hockey34 mentioned the size was on the boot, so it could be off the shelf retail. Unless its a TCP pad and they embroidered the size on the boot but that seems unlikely. Do you have a picture of your EF6 box to see how it compares to my EF5 box and Kask's box?

scene00126.thumb.png.b0617898cf7386c5d8ba16b05f2be21f.png

Really not sure what these would be since retail sets doesn't come in one box like this. 

EDIT: we're all dumb SP probably means Sample Product

Edited by ThatCarGuy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Really not sure what these would be since retail sets doesn't come in one box like this. 

EDIT: we're all dumb SP probably means Sample Product

That does make sense since its a little early. I think most stores starting placing orders a couple months from now? Also, the weird thing is that my box says "CCMEFX5 SP..." and that's not a sample product.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. I cringed when I saw Whitney drop the new gear on the driveway asphalt like that. I mean, Kas isn't NHL budget still or yet again, otherwise he wouldn't be flipping his own gear off of GGSU and company.

2. If he is testing CCM or actually crossing over from his long used Bauer relationship, maybe Europe is over and done with?

3. If it was CCM that reached out, I can't help but wonder if Brian's or even Warrior (should he play Europe again) gave him a shout?

I'm guessing that glove will be a night-and-day kind of experience coming from Bauer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/26/2023 at 4:39 AM, RichMan said:

1. I cringed when I saw Whitney drop the new gear on the driveway asphalt like that. I mean, Kas isn't NHL budget still or yet again, otherwise he wouldn't be flipping his own gear off of GGSU and company.

2. If he is testing CCM or actually crossing over from his long used Bauer relationship, maybe Europe is over and done with?

3. If it was CCM that reached out, I can't help but wonder if Brian's or even Warrior (should he play Europe again) gave him a shout?

I'm guessing that glove will be a night-and-day kind of experience coming from Bauer.

I think he had a video on his vlog stating he had some North American interest. I cannot fathom changing manufacturers when you're trying to crack a AHL/NHL team again, though. This and the fact that the gear looks to be off-the-shelf product makes me think it's just marketing rather than a true gear "siting".

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

I think he had a video on his vlog stating he had some North American interest. I cannot fathom changing manufacturers when you're trying to crack a AHL/NHL team again, though. This and the fact that the gear looks to be off-the-shelf product makes me think it's just marketing rather than a true gear "siting".

Yeah, he was kinda vague on the prospects, stated a few locations but without an official PTC confirmation. The market is so tuff right now and he's just a couple years under 30 while a few in the show in their mid 30s decided to hang them up. The pressure must be present I'm sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Looks like no speedskin on the sliding surface. Probably too good to be true

Spoiler alert from my pending review... I find EF6 weave slides worse than my Axis 2 SS. True weave slides just fine just fine for me.

My takeaways? It's the orchestra of the internal foams, shapes, and the outer material than define how well a pad slides... But weave can work "good enough". Curious if CCM "fixes" their slide in this generation.

FWIW, I have not seen much change in speed since Bauer / Brian's / Vaughn did OD1N and Primo. Someone at the tops needs to innovate again and CCM has had plenty of time to catch up.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Spoiler alert from my pending review... I find EF6 weave slides worse than my Axis 2 SS. True weave slides just fine just fine for me.

My takeaways? It's the orchestra of the internal foams, shapes, and the outer material than define how well a pad slides... But weave can work "good enough". Curious if CCM "fixes" their slide in this generation.

FWIW, I have not seen much change in speed since Bauer / Brian's / Vaughn did OD1N and Primo. Someone at the tops needs to innovate again and CCM has had plenty of time to catch up.

Any wear spots ever show up on your ss Axis 2s? I don't remember it being an issue on my EF5s but worth asking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • Member Statistics

    1,992
    Total Members
    2,646
    Most Online
    kmccann1223
    Newest Member
    kmccann1223
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...