CCM 2024 - Axis XF Pro

ZeroGravitas

14 hours ago, froese said:

InGoal video on the customizer and some other info re: the new gear. 

https://youtu.be/5fUaNWfxi5Q?si=DmXMlzMnRq0jnRCV

Per the video: Cam mentions at 5:26 the new default is jenpro instead of speedskin - not sure if that applies to all stock retail sets? I think @ThatCarGuymight have pointed this out a couple months ago? They also mention that CCM claims weave is worse on fresh ice. They also mention that the change in materials and design -> increased sliding -> 24% improvement in sliding on clean ice and 37% improvement on rough ice. How much of that is due to materials (reversion of speedskin to jenpro 😂) and how much to design?

21 hours ago, Molitygri said:

Which one?

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 1.46.43 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 1.46.16 PM.png

Jumping on the #2 bandwagon!!

I submitted the following set this morning - minor tweaks to previous set I had posted.Legs.png.607c340169275b17e367a1bec74db40c.pngGloves.png.ceeeae895b27ae044a073357fbcc43ea.pngBlocker.png.1d98245fd5155cc147c5bff56561b2c1.png

• Like 3

On 4/13/2024 at 3:45 PM, ZeroGravitas said:

Per the video: Cam mentions at 5:26 the new default is jenpro instead of speedskin - not sure if that applies to all stock retail sets? I think @ThatCarGuymight have pointed this out a couple months ago? They also mention that CCM claims weave is worse on fresh ice. They also mention that the change in materials and design -> increased sliding -> 24% improvement in sliding on clean ice and 37% improvement on rough ice. How much of that is due to materials (reversion of speedskin to jenpro 😂) and how much to design?

Jumping on the #2 bandwagon!!

I submitted the following set this morning - minor tweaks to previous set I had posted.Legs.png.607c340169275b17e367a1bec74db40c.pngGloves.png.ceeeae895b27ae044a073357fbcc43ea.pngBlocker.png.1d98245fd5155cc147c5bff56561b2c1.png

I gotta say this one is amusing. CCM has done the testing and the science proves that solid Jenpro is the best for sliding.

Yet for the last couple of years consumers have said that that Speedskin actually made sliding worse and CCM insisted that we were all wrong and that is superior. 

And now, CCM  coming with this science approach as if it’s their new discovery. So much so that you can’t actually get Speedskin on your sliding surface at all anymore. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RedX said:

I gotta say this one is amusing. CCM has done the testing and the science proves that solid Jenpro is the best for sliding.

Yet for the last couple of years consumers have said that that Speedskin actually made sliding worse and CCM insisted that we were all wrong and that is superior. 

And now, CCM  coming with this science approach as if it’s their new discovery. So much so that you can’t actually get Speedskin on your sliding surface at all anymore. 

It really is kind of amusing. Although to The Hockey Shop's credit, I called once and spoke with Cam and asked about speedskin and he was pretty open about how bad it was and that no one really liked it. 

CCM obviously knew that too, but I get that they couldn't openly say that. They screwed up. Just like True and their Fastglide. 

What I don't understand is how either of those companies ever thought those products/materials should be used. Bizarre. 

1 hour ago, froese said:

It really is kind of amusing. Although to The Hockey Shop's credit, I called once and spoke with Cam and asked about speedskin and he was pretty open about how bad it was and that no one really liked it. 

CCM obviously knew that too, but I get that they couldn't openly say that. They screwed up. Just like True and their Fastglide. 

What I don't understand is how either of those companies ever thought those products/materials should be used. Bizarre. 

I can’t believe true or CCM haven’t come up with an equivalent for primo/quickslide yet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toobs said:

I can’t believe true or CCM haven’t come up with an equivalent for primo/quickslide yet

Yes it's kinda baffling. Or at the very least not create something that's worse than default jenpro or weave, which I actually think are adequate when combined with a pad that's designed to use it well. So I'm glad that CCM has appeared to at least partially begun to dig themselves out of the hole they were in with speedskin.

11 hours ago, froese said:

Yes it's kinda baffling. Or at the very least not create something that's worse than default jenpro or weave, which I actually think are adequate when combined with a pad that's designed to use it well. So I'm glad that CCM has appeared to at least partially begun to dig themselves out of the hole they were in with speedskin.

My Axis 2 are jenpro and speedskin in the sliding surface....to me, they were sliding like most ccm pads so it's not a total surprise but this news is interesting. 

14 hours ago, Madmedic6 said:

For those interested, the qmss2 is adjustable internally now as well. Instead of being sewn in like the axis 2 and ef6, it velcros to the internal calf strap and can be adjusted internally and externally. 

Ya, about fkn time!

53 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I'm in the All Out customizer and believe that some specs are missing in the glove, and blocker.  For example I can't even hit the type of glove I want, pro, game ready etc....some specs for the blocker are missing as well....

The all out customizer isn't even available to the public at the moment. But if you're in the total custom then there will be less options for spec...

23 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Ohhhhhh wtf, they just teased us?

What specs are you looking for? Total Custom Pro should have all the specs available - more than the Total Custom option. All Out is the custom graphics option which includes TCP options.

3 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

What specs are you looking for? Total Custom Pro should have all the specs available - more than the Total Custom option. All Out is the custom graphics option which includes TCP options.

I don't want graphics, just all the specs, that would be Total Custom Pro? In the options I can't pick the type of glove I want even.

EDIT: nevermind, all good now lol

Edited by mr_shifty1982

15 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I don't want graphics, just all the specs, that would be Total Custom Pro? In the options I can't pick the type of glove I want even.

EDIT: nevermind, all good now lol

C'mon now, you know you want the graphics.

Go big and let us marvel in your new toys. 

Lifted from the InGoalMag review on CCM Axis XF.  Emphasis mine.

The new AXIS XF pad maintains the DRS Pro knee stack and one-piece inner landing area from AXIS 2, which helps get the pad to the ice faster and improves butterfly stability, but CCM has gotten rid of Speed Skin as an option on the inner edge and Speed Channel after extensive material and pad testing showed better sliding on their solid material.

CCM’s testing showed the Solid material performed 24 percent better than Speed Skin with the new Speed Channel on clean ice at the start of a game, and 39 percent better midway through a game after the ice had broken down. Interestingly, emboss material, which some goalies love and is still available on custom orders, performed 24 percent better than Speed Skin broken down ice, but was 6 percent worse on clean ice. So, while emboss is still an option, all the testing showed better performance with the Solid material.

Source:

https://ingoalmag.com/ccm-axis-xf-review/