CCM 2024 - Axis XF Pro

ZeroGravitas

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

My theory has been confirmed. CCM is putting their focus primarily on younger professional goalies. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxGGfXLO358/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I would call this this the Bauer playbook, haha

IMO it seems like CCM is looking at post Lefevre as a reboot like Bauer did with OD1N.

Bauer did a great job at getting their OD1N gear in the CHL, NCAA, and then had just a couple pros to start? Like Hank, Freddy, and Reimer. They recruited younger goalies like Vasi, Oettinger, Knight, Ullmark, and Sorokin. Overtime obviously, those guys have risen to be the top goalies in the league and everyone has seen them wearing the gear during their rise.

In my CCM analogy, Demko and Markstrom are the steady guys like Lundqvist. Now they are building out their young guys with Wolf, Levi, Skinner, and the NCAA / CHL guys.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Kaskisuo had to take his CCM Axis XF review off the Youtubes but there's short videos of him in action with them on his TikTok and Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/kaskisuo/reel/CxlGD4GgNa7/

https://www.tiktok.com/@kasimirkaskisuo/video/7282421154202291502

Believe these are both the same video.

Thanks for linking these - and good timing for this thread to be resurrected. I was just on the phone with CCM warranty for a claim I have in which I'm waiting for the Axis XF glove, and they confirmed the release date for this line is now the first week of March. Previously I was told February sometime. I wouldn't say I'm holding my breath on the glove being awesome, but it does look like they may have fixed the thumb/pocket angle that was causing problems on their 581/591 so maybe I'm cautiously optimistic?

2 hours ago, froese said:

Thanks for linking these - and good timing for this thread to be resurrected. I was just on the phone with CCM warranty for a claim I have in which I'm waiting for the Axis XF glove, and they confirmed the release date for this line is now the first week of March. Previously I was told February sometime. I wouldn't say I'm holding my breath on the glove being awesome, but it does look like they may have fixed the thumb/pocket angle that was causing problems on their 581/591 so maybe I'm cautiously optimistic?

The new glove is a revision to the 591. First week of March? The ef6 customizer didn't release until April last year, a head of the release. 

40 minutes ago, Madmedic6 said:

The new glove is a revision to the 591. First week of March? The ef6 customizer didn't release until April last year, a head of the release. 

Who knows, he may be wrong about the timing. Or he may have meant that's when they'll be able to ship mine. I guess we shall find out. Have you heard any news or seen any products?

2 hours ago, froese said:

Who knows, he may be wrong about the timing. Or he may have meant that's when they'll be able to ship mine. I guess we shall find out. Have you heard any news or seen any products?

I haven't heard anything or seen anything in person. 

5 hours ago, froese said:

I'm hearing customizer launch in April and retail launch in May.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...