What legal or illegal cheats do you all use to gain an advantage?

35RoloSmith41

extra set of floaters from old chestie added to SLR2.  Props main floaters up just where I want them and their offset just enough to get a little more width and fill out near rib cage.  Did it so head mobility is not effected and the bottom of the floaters can move inwards when catching shots in chest.  First mount they were too stiff and hands/arms jammed.   Suspenders for pants run closer inwards so not to flatten out shoulders.

CCM Gatekeeper XL goal pants.  not purposely to take up as much net as possible but that's what was passed to me from my younger brother during his OHL years (18 years ago).   I could have updated to a new pair but I like the size, placement of side blocks back when they were still legal so I keep repairing them many times with trusty sewing awl.  

I'm 6'3 , 198lbs and 42yr so none of the above takes away from mobility but it puts it on the shooter to try and find a hole with less to shoot at and seems to work for the most part.   I will say that I have gone to smaller pads over the last 5 years for the reason of better mobility and less fatigue.  I would however like to add 1 to 1.5" to the top of my 2X PRO's as I feel the 35+1 a touch short at my height but the XL's 36+1 didn't sit right.

• Like 1

I tend to lean on the left or the right. depends where the shot is coming from. I hear it's perfectly legal :D 

Seriously, for myself I don't really care for the oversized gear or cheating whatevers. It was all streamlined when I started and that's how I still think today, within today's gear standards of course.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DL42 said:

add knee stacks to each side of the c/a unit and add old thigh guards on top of floaters or add old plastic from player pants to top of shoulders using plastic tie down to secure.

regarding the thigh guards MOD, I did something similar on my old C/A. I used some old thigh wraps from an old pair of Vaughns.

I don't use this mod currently since I have since updated my C/A, but I still have them in case I need to mod my current CCM AB PRO arms in the future.

C7DDB997-DB9E-443E-BC51-E6C6027C969C.jpe

I have also worn them underneath the arms for the same effect without compromising the visual look of the C/A on the front side. 

3592660E-74E9-4F71-B35C-F8F9E308D5CC.thu

As far as my current C/A goes, I have old RBK P1 shoulder floaters and heat guard underneath the unit to beef it up more. 

622572016_MyModdedCCMABProCA.thumb.jpeg.

Edited by creasecollector
  • Like 2