Bruises Through Pants

MTH

On 4/20/2018 at 6:22 PM, Ghostender said:

My style of playing ensures I don't get hit very much anywhere dammit

Wise.

Think this shows that since 2010 - when I bought them - that I haven't stopped much either.

I played last night for the first time since getting beat up. I took two weeks off to heal. All but one of the bruises are gone. The last is just a slight ring where it was. 

I stopped at the local PIAS. They had an ugly pair of Itech RX something pants in my size. Red and faded. But in 'top nick'. So for $30 I have them a try. The hip flap pads are still attached unlike my CCMs - I think I got hurt due to puck getting under those flap pads on the outside of pants.

1_d15c2d3d4b6b8599edc259eeffa67ff6.jpg

Worked well. Not as thick as old ones. I think I'm going to modify my old ones during off season as I don't really play through the summer much.

Plus, I felt like Chris Osgood rocking all red Itech pants. So that's pretty cool.

osgood.jpg

22 minutes ago, MTH said:

I played last night for the first time since getting beat up. I took two weeks off to heal. All but one of the bruises are gone. The last is just a slight ring where it was. 

I stopped at the local PIAS. They had an ugly pair of Itech RX something pants in my size. Red and faded. But in 'top nick'. So for $30 I have them a try. The hip flap pads are still attached unlike my CCMs - I think I got hurt due to puck getting under those flap pads on the outside of pants.

Worked well. Not as thick as old ones. I think I'm going to modify my old ones during off season as I don't really play through the summer much.

Plus, I felt like Chris Osgood rocking all red Itech pants. So that's pretty cool.

Ozzie doesn't get enough credit!  Most underrated goalie of the 90s IMO

• 2 years later...

Is this still happening to anyone? I’m pretty sure that I remember when I felt the shot during warmups. I was surprised to see a bruise this weekend. I have a pair of Vaughn V7 Pro carbon pants that I’ve only had for 2.5 years. I wouldn’t think that they should be worn down so quickly. 

Archived