Goalie cup: single or double espresso?

RichMan

We all have our preferences. I, for one, wear compression short with a cup in it and then my goal cup over. It has served me well but still on occasion, I will get a bag rattler that makes things uncomfortable.

For those that wear a double goal cup only, what has been your experience? 

Do you triple stack? 

My dad taught me to wear two great cups. I have a kevlar copy of the old Cooper steel cup in the Eagle goalie jock and a Nutshellz police-rated cup in a jock underneath my Eagle goal jock. Dad told me that most "double cup" goal jocks really are a cup and a half, being that the outer "cup" is just hard foam. My Eagle jock had the so-called outer cup removed, so I suppose that I am a true double cupper. I took Beaner's shot straight to the junk and only was aware that he hit me there. I swear that is the only place he can hit when he actually aims it LOL

I've tried wearing both a player's an a CCM goalie cup, but it was pretty cumbersome but I felt some shots wearing just the CCM goalie cup. I've since switched to the Bauer Pro (which is kinda like a double cup in one?) and I've felt nothing but yet feels much easier to move in.

1 hour ago, johncho said:

I've tried wearing both a player's an a CCM goalie cup, but it was pretty cumbersome but I felt some shots wearing just the CCM goalie cup. I've since switched to the Bauer Pro (which is kinda like a double cup in one?) and I've felt nothing but yet feels much easier to move in.

This guy here?

https://images.app.goo.gl/g9wMDRYq7N23tJ2p8

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2023 at 1:39 PM, Wonder35 said:

With my lightning like glove hand I rarely take one in the family jewels. But ......... just in case ........... I wear a Simmons, decent price, good quality/protection and comfortable.

The way guys shoot in beer league warm-ups, the 2 most targeted areas in a stand-up position are the family jewels and the bucket. Brian's wasn't joking when they printed a bullseye on their cups at one point :P 

• Like 1

I was at my granddaughter's game a week ago. She is the goaltender for a girls' U11 team in Ontario. In the warmup she took a glancing shot off her mask. Immediately the offending shooter dropped and did 10. This happened in front of a significant crowd (Annual Christmas Tournament).

Her teammate was  humbled and embarrassed. Apparently it is the same punishment to bean your goalie in practice. I like that.

• Like 3