True Hazardous Launch

ZeroGravitas

Always appreciate Lefebrve catalogues. They generally do a great job at showing off their options and how they differ. Except what's different with the 615 Hazardous blocker. As far as I can tell, it's just a slight revision of the side board. 

Looks like the Hazardous is a 20.2 with a Catalyst thigh rise. That's pretty much what we all expected right? 

Too bad the graphic is fucking awful. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 8:49 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

Always appreciate Lefebrve catalogues. They generally do a great job at showing off their options and how they differ. Except what's different with the 615 Hazardous blocker. As far as I can tell, it's just a slight revision of the side board. 

Looks like the Hazardous is a 20.2 with a Catalyst thigh rise. That's pretty much what we all expected right?

The Catalyst 7X3 INT has the 615 blocker sidewall.

20231231_160830.thumb.jpg.f4cb8ef426f8ec4565c611ce4b5adf9f.jpg

But the sidewall looks a little different from the custom catalog. The 7X3 615-INT doesn't have a gap between the front board and sidewall. But according to the catalog, it seems to have the same dip as 595 and 595 with binding. Plus the shape of the sidewall is different at the top of the blocker.

EDIT: The bottom blocker is 7X3 SR.

So who knows?!?

20231231_155343.thumb.jpg.1f1e1f9ca3c040bdb2f579afaf976b3c.jpg

On 1/29/2024 at 8:49 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

Too bad the graphic is fucking awful. 

Yas.

Edited by ZeroGravitas

1 minute ago, ZeroGravitas said:

The Catalyst 7X3 INT has the 615 blocker sidewall.

20231231_160830.thumb.jpg.f4cb8ef426f8ec4565c611ce4b5adf9f.jpg

But the sidewall looks a little different from the custom catalog. The 7X3 615-INT doesn't have a gap between the front board and sidewall. But according to the catalog, it seems to have the same dip as 595 and 595 with binding. Plus the shape of the sidewall is different at the top of the blocker.

So who knows?!?

20231231_155343.thumb.jpg.1f1e1f9ca3c040bdb2f579afaf976b3c.jpg

Yas.

Is the sidewall shape in the side by side there possibly determined by the finger protection style? I thought that was the case for True gear. 

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Is the sidewall shape in the side by side there possibly determined by the finger protection style? I thought that was the case for True gear. 

I didn't take a picture, but the bottom glove is the SR 7X3, which has "595" embroidered on it. I think the index finger protection does tweak the sidewall a little bit - that sounds familiar.

10 minutes ago, keeperton said:

I'm most excited about this: 

image.png.7a005f9cb1fceef3d015470fe7240ad5.png

I also think the HZRDUS graphic has a ton that can be done with it. Tired of seeing people same the same talking points about it repeatedly, it's rather modular.

I recently talked to someone from The Goal Crease in Toronto, asking for clarification re: the 2023 customization options, and he said that if you chose the stiff core, that essentially meant you were choosing more rebound pop and not a stiffer flex. I wonder if the 2024 option is actually a different foam that produces hotter rebounds or if they're just separating it out as a different option in the customizer so it's less confusing...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Don't try to stifle my shit talk. 

get better material! : r/funny

57 minutes ago, froese said:

I recently talked to someone from The Goal Crease in Toronto, asking for clarification re: the 2023 customization options, and he said that if you chose the stiff core, that essentially meant you were choosing more rebound pop and not a stiffer flex. I wonder if the 2024 option is actually a different foam that produces hotter rebounds or if they're just separating it out as a different option in the customizer so it's less confusing...

I am also. I've been trying to get an order through of some rather stiff PX3s for a few weeks, but my local shop/rep has been very lax on it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, keeperton said:

get better material! : r/funny

I am also. I've been trying to get an order through of some rather stiff PX3s for a few weeks, but my local shop/rep has been very lax on it.

I put my order in with my local shop last Friday, single break core stiff, no break outer roll. Hopefully the currently listed wait time of 7-9 weeks holds 🤞

And I'll just say I'm glad the px3 graphic is not the hzrdus graphic 😂 @coopaloop1234

• Like 2

Was looking at the Hazardous customizer.

1. Weird that the blocker cuff only has a half-piece option. Custom catalog has options for both half- and one-piece options.

2. There's an option for Board Angle, but only one option - Regular Face. There's no mention of Board Angles on the custom catalog. A sign of things to come?

HZDBlockerOptions.png.5da3d8eca76ddb35aa9d7cb23f76cf63.png

18 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

1. Weird that the blocker cuff only has a half-piece option. Custom catalog has options for both half- and one-piece options.

2. There's an option for Board Angle, but only one option - Regular Face. There's no mention of Board Angles on the custom catalog. A sign of things to come?

A few things I learned last night:

• The core select "stiffness" after the break is more regarding how the rebounds will come off the pad than how stiff the single break is (corroborating what someone else here said)
  • The 615 blocker only comes with straight fingers and half cuff, its main difference is that the sidewall is connected more flush
  • I had it confirmed that Game Ready Xtra is in-between the Game Ready and Pro Palm (albeit I think that was mostly known, but potentially not clear)
  • I did not learn anything about the board angle, I agree that is likely something to come later since it's not in the catalog
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, keeperton said:

A few things I learned last night:

• The core select "stiffness" after the break is more regarding how the rebounds will come off the pad than how stiff the single break is (corroborating what someone else here said)
  • The 615 blocker only comes with straight fingers and half cuff, its main difference is that the sidewall is connected more flush
  • I had it confirmed that Game Ready Xtra is in-between the Game Ready and Pro Palm (albeit I think that was mostly known, but potentially not clear)
  • I did not learn anything about the board angle, I agree that is likely something to come later since it's not in the catalog

Hmm... swapping to a Hazardous 595 blocker doesn't change half-cuff/one-piece cuff options.

The Hazardous customizer also has some warnings about blocker options that are not available if you select 585 with binding, but 585 isn't even an option anymore. 585 is still an option on Catalyst, though. Sounds like True needs to make some fixes to the customizer.

17 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Hmm... swapping to a Hazardous 595 blocker doesn't change half-cuff/one-piece cuff options.

The Hazardous customizer also has some warnings about blocker options that are not available if you select 585 with binding, but 585 isn't even an option anymore. 585 is still an option on Catalyst, though. Sounds like True needs to make some fixes to the customizer.

True is working on an updated customizer actually. It was supposed to launch with the hzrdus launch, but guess it’s not done yet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Yeah, that was my input yesterday too lol. "They didn't put any of the new options on the Catalyst, only the HZRDUS!"

4 hours ago, Toobs said:

True is working on an updated customizer actually. It was supposed to launch with the hzrdus launch, but guess it’s not done yet

Good to hear.

On 2/2/2024 at 12:22 PM, ZeroGravitas said:

Looks like "angle face" is the other board option

image.png.76b009eb42d61705ec7c7bb0666148cd.png

image.png