CCM Premier sizing

#1BeerLeaguer

21 minutes ago, #1BeerLeaguer said:

I am looking at picking up a used pair of CCM Premier pads size 33+1.  I currently wear a Larceny 34+1.  Do the Premier pads sit higher and would they be equivalent to the Larceny 34+1.

Can you go to a store to try it on?

My revokes were 34 and I'm on 33P1 set, I'm also selling them very soon if you want them :), they are 33+2

I never wore larceny, but I can tell you that they sit higher than the Eflex's because of the boot angle.  They generally sit about an inch higher at the knee.  I have Reebok XLT's in a 33, which are pretty much identical to the CCM P1 and I have CCM Eflex 3's in a 33.  My knee lands center in the Eflex's,  but lands about an inch low in the XLT's.  

4 hours ago, jayluv54 said:

I never wore larceny, but I can tell you that they sit higher than the Eflex's because of the boot angle.  They generally sit about an inch higher at the knee.  I have Reebok XLT's in a 33, which are pretty much identical to the CCM P1 and I have CCM Eflex 3's in a 33.  My knee lands center in the Eflex's,  but lands about an inch low in the XLT's.  

This, yes generally an inch.

I wore a 34 in Eflex 1s that were a smidge too tall (maybe half an inch in the knee).  I probably should have ordered 33s which would have been a full inch shorter.
I tried on the CCM Premier when they came out and found I needed a 32.

On 6/5/2018 at 1:36 PM, #1BeerLeaguer said:

I am looking at picking up a used pair of CCM Premier pads size 33+1.  I currently wear a Larceny 34+1.  Do the Premier pads sit higher and would they be equivalent to the Larceny 34+1.

Yeah as people said, Premiers do fit a bit taller. It's how the boot sits on your skate, since the Premier has a steep boot, it will sit higher on your leg overall. 

This was 100% true for the CCM P1. I wonder if the issue is still there now that CCM has changed the boot on the P2. It's still the same angle, but it is MUCH softer (You couldn't flex the P1 and the P2 is actually surprisingly soft). I can check tomorrow if you want. Although if they are used, I'm assuming it's the P1. 33+1 should do you just fine.

If I'm being completely honest, I feel like you would be more comfortable in the Eflex series coming from Larceny.  The P1 wasn't that good of a pad, if I'm being honest and they added Speed Skin on the EF3, which does help. But I don't know how good the deal is for the pads ? 

2 hours ago, BauerHockey47 said:

Out of curiosity, can anyone say how the CCM Premier II's compare in size to the Reebok Premier series? I'm in 35+2 Reebok Premier III's, and I'm worried about what size CCM Premier II's to order (yes, I still haven't pulled the trigger yet).

I'm not too sure about the P3, but I know the P4s will be similar to the CCM P2s. 

Honestly, go to a store and try them on. Measure twice, order once. 

It's all personal preference. lets be honest the Larcey wasn't the greatest pad on the marked,.....it depends on style and what you want.  I came from Revokes to the P1, it took me some time getting used to but I love my pads.  They are a tad heavy but that's really my only complaint, the closure is great and those rebounds do kick out.

They do sit an inch higher FOR SURE.  I did order the P2s and I went an each higher than my P1s, they are a softer pad and with time it will break in and will shrink a tad I believe.  

On 6/7/2018 at 12:10 AM, Aquilzz said:

I'm not too sure about the P3, but I know the P4s will be similar to the CCM P2s. 

Honestly, go to a store and try them on. Measure twice, order once. 

I appreciate the response. I will likely delay my order until I can confirm in person. It's incredibly annoying that CCM's pad sizing hasn't remained consistent. You would think having worn 35+2 RBK Premier II's and 35+2 Reebok Premier III's would be enough to know that I would fit in 35+2 CCM Premier II's. Oh well. lol

Archived