What's your least important piece of gear?

Lucky Pucker

8 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Nah I can definitely relate to what he said. There’s a couple times off and on the ice where I felt something was gonna tear. It’s crazy how long I went without wearing any knee pads... 

Why I feel like something is gonna tear you might ask? (it’s hard to see but look at my legs and knees bc she wouldn’t get the f*ck off) ?‍♀️

Oof.  Man, that's scary.  Watching NHL games, that's what makes me cringe:  in a symmetrical butterfly and having someone land just like that.

I don't think most skaters realize how dangerous that is for a goalie in that position.

@coopaloop1234

that's the thing, it's all about experience.  Many, many, many cases of getting hit in the knees and wanting to scream and cry.

Nuts? Only once, ever. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

@coopaloop1234

that's the thing, it's all about experience.  Many, many, many cases of getting hit in the knees and wanting to scream and cry.

Nuts? Only once, ever. 

Well you're clearly not playing goal correctly.

Every good goalie knows you lead the save with your nuts first, it asserts dominance over the puck.

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

@southpawtendy48 I was referring to how getting hit on their knees is the most frightening spot when we've already had a discussion about they could play a game without a jock.

Knees fucking hurt, absolutely, but I'll take that over a shot to the nuts.

Right, I understand. As you can probably tell I don’t have that problem, so knee and hip/stomach shots are the worst for me ??

13 hours ago, seagoal said:
Oof.  Man, that's scary.  Watching NHL games, that's what makes me cringe:  in a symmetrical butterfly and having someone land just like that.

I don't think most skaters realize how dangerous that is for a goalie in that position.

@coopaloop1234

Nuts? Only once, ever. 

Yeah I was really scared too, I thought I was done. Probably never going to that combine again. I usually never bowl over and cry/yell over stuff like that but I did just that lol, I wanted to knock out that player so badly but I was in so much pain. Very lucky I was still able to play after it. 

5 minutes ago, Max27 said:

im gonna change my choice- im gonna say my undershirt, 

mainly bc i never wear it. lol i forget it every time and after i wear it its all slippery and sticks to my chest 

1. Does an undershirt really count?
2. If you ain't wearing it does it really count?!

On 9/28/2018 at 6:49 PM, Lucky Pucker said:

For example, what could you just borrow from any other goalie who is same-size, same-handed, and not even notice?

That's a good definition of least important. Obviously from a safety standpoint most of it is, but particularly the mask. Everything else, including jock, you could get away with without dying (especially since you could just stand with your glove in front of that particular area :P .

Going by this definition, my stick probably matters least. I can get along with just about any stick, as long as it's not a 22" paddle or something. I wouldn't want to be wearing anyone else's underwear/jock/mask

Archived