Sign in to follow this  
IPv6Freely

Custom Passau Sticks

4 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Yea, you've been their largest fan on this website and you've had a few duds come your way. I was just curious to see where you stood now. lol

For sure, that's why I said I wanted to try to keep it in check. You don't generally hear the good, but always the bad.

And outsourcing like that definitely leads to more avenues for communication breakdown, doesn't mean it's acceptable to leave customers in the dark. Even if Passau can't get that information, transparency is far more appreciated than complete silence.

I've tried to be a cheerleader and still think the product is great, when it's made correctly LOL. I still tell other people to try them out, especially the C/A and knee pads. And even more so the glove (oh my god it's good!) but I don't think I'd buy anything else custom from them. Stock stuff (C/A and knee pads)? Definitely. But I think for my next set (whenever that is...) I'll be back in Brian's. 

4 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I've tried to be a cheerleader and still think the product is great, when it's made correctly LOL. I still tell other people to try them out, especially the C/A and knee pads. And even more so the glove (oh my god it's good!) but I don't think I'd buy anything else custom from them. Stock stuff (C/A and knee pads)? Definitely. But I think for my next set (whenever that is...) I'll be back in Brian's. 

Yea, their C/A has been on my radar for a while. But I've always been hesitant about buying gear I can't get my greasy paws on.

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Yea, their C/A has been on my radar for a while. But I've always been hesitant about buying gear I can't get my greasy paws on.

It's seriously a fantastic unit. Top notch protection at a SR price, and even better if you get the beef up kit (I didn't - I don't really need it). 

That said, I recall somebody saying the Brian's C/A can actually be ordered with different size arms and body. So my next will likely be Brian's. The Optik C/A looks fantastic. 

3 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

It's seriously a fantastic unit. Top notch protection at a SR price, and even better if you get the beef up kit (I didn't - I don't really need it). 

That said, I recall somebody saying the Brian's C/A can actually be ordered with different size arms and body. So my next will likely be Brian's. The Optik C/A looks fantastic. 

I've only ever heard good things about the Passau C/A. Aside from the wrist straps not being velcro.

The Optik does look nice. I'm not a fan of Brian's past C/A's as they're super bulky, so while the Optik looks a tons more streamlined, I need to see it in person.

15 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I've only ever heard good things about the Passau C/A. Aside from the wrist straps not being velcro.

The Optik does look nice. I'm not a fan of Brian's past C/A's as they're super bulky, so while the Optik looks a tons more streamlined, I need to see it in person.

To your second point, I agree. They always looked really bulky. And I agree the Optik looks way more streamlined.

To your first point, I actually like the wrist straps not being velcro better. 

That sucks.  They fucked my original stick order as well.  I had ordered royal blue paddle with white Passau logo, I received royal paddle with red logos and full right.  They corrected the mistake and sent me a new 3 pack that was correct.

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

That sucks.  They fucked my original stick order as well.  I had ordered royal blue paddle with white Passau logo, I received royal paddle with red logos and full right.  They corrected the mistake and sent me a new 3 pack that was correct.

I wondered if it was just me but clearly it's not... You'd think a stick would be a pretty easy thing to do QA on... 

4 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I wondered if it was just me but clearly it's not... You'd think a stick would be a pretty easy thing to do QA on... 

This was 2012-13 iirc.  I guess some things never change.

A week ago I was told "I have used the exact old order sheet you told me too, so if there was a mistake by the stick manufacturer, I will be sure to order you a new set and make them rush the order." and have not heard back since.