Goalie drawings?

Lucky Pucker

28 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

What would be really cool is if you could build a scale model of your favourite goalie. 

Well, I AM my own favourite goalie, and I am virtually statue-like when on the ice, so like... life-size, static model of my fav goalie? Been there, done that... :datass:

5 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Well, I AM my own favourite goalie, and I am virtually statue-like when on the ice, so like... life-size, static model of my fav goalie? Been there, done that... :datass:

One of my buddies is a Goodwill junkie and always brings me the MacFarlane goalie figures. I have Hasek, Osgood and Abby I wish I could build them. 

But the description you give ticks all of the boxes for me being a full-scale model of a goalie! Yep- I can definitely be a statue LOL

• 6 months later...

This thread needs some love Pucker.

I'll see what I can find at my parent's house during thanksgiving. Fun part is seeing my boys draw hockey guys and they look pretty much the same as what I drew. It's like it's in their genes.

After my game a few weeks ago, I jumped on the ice at the request of a friend for the kids stick and puck hour to have some fun. I managed to dig up an old Boddam glove for my buddy's son who is in love with goalie equipment. The card I got in response was dynamite, the attention to detail from an 8  year old is astounding. He got the beer ad right!

Fanmail.jpeg

Fanmail1.jpeg

Did pretty much nothing but draw when I was a young guy (was pretty darn good at it, too) — I did a tonnn of goalies, but all the drawings are at my folks' house in a flat file. I can look for them over Christmas, thought the chances of me remembering are slim 😕

The first time I met Martin Brodeur was at an autograph signing in a New Jersey mall circa 1996/1997 when I was 8 or 9 years old. I got him to sign his Score rookie card, but I also showed him some drawings I did of him. He said "Wow, these are good!" (he was being nice, though they were good for my age). My father snapped a few pictures of me showing him the drawings, and me holding them up afterwards, proud as can be. Funny stuff, I'll have to find them someday.

1 hour ago, aircanuck said:

What are ya, some kind of millenial? That's how you hold it. 😃

Ha! Nah, what I meant was that I can't draw the trapper from that angle/view; I'd usually find away to have it flat or straight-on in my drawings not 3/4 on or anything complicated like that!

Totally hold the trapper there; makes it easier to rest it on my pad - lol!

• 1 year later...

Archived