Comparing Bauer Boots and CCM Boots

I’m looking for new skates and I’m intrigued by tacks but I couldn’t try them on. I tried on the x900 vapor and felt a lot better then supreme but I don’t love the boot. People are telling me that player skate boots and goalie skate boots are the same which i don’t think is correct. I’m wondering how ccm vs bauer lines up in fit. Is it 

tacks =supreme and vapor= ribcor or vapor=tacks and ribcor=supreme. 

Has anyone used both companies before? 

(Im a 10 in skates and a c-d width)

Player boots =/= goalie boots, now that we have that out of the way.

What did you not like about the Vapour boot? Was it the way it felt on your foot? The hard shell?

Fit is pretty different. For an example, I can't wear Bauer skates. My big toe on my right foot has been broken 10+ times and has quote the bone lump on it. Bauer toe caps are noticeably narrower than CCM's. So I can't wear Bauer skates for that reason. Plus, I think overall Bauers fit snugger and are better for narrower feet than CCM.

Now, you'll find more similarities for the Vapour/Supreme -> Tack. The Ribcor line is still a cowling skate with a softer boot, whereas the other three are cowlingless (or close enough) and have a hard composite boot.

11 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Player boots =/= goalie boots, now that we have that out of the way.

What did you not like about the Vapour boot? Was it the way it felt on your foot? The hard shell?

Fit is pretty different. For an example, I can't wear Bauer skates. My big toe on my right foot has been broken 10+ times and has quote the bone lump on it. Bauer toe caps are noticeably narrower than CCM's. So I can't wear Bauer skates for that reason. Plus, I think overall Bauers fit snugger and are better for narrower feet than CCM.

Now, you'll find more similarities for the Vapour/Supreme -> Tack. The Ribcor line is still a cowling skate with a softer boot, whereas the other three are cowlingless (or close enough) and have a hard composite boot.

I like the fit of vapor but I want a composite boot not tech mesh. I also felt like my toe was cramped in the toe box.

7 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Vapor player = goalie supreme 

Goalie supreme = player vapor 

Tacks player fits like Supreme player. 

Tacks goalie fit like Tacks player or supreme goalie? 

I talked to a guy at the store and he told me that tacks is built like supreme in boot shape (makes sense as ccm probably made the tacks to be breadwinner vs breadwinner). I felt more comfortable in the vapor especially in the heel to mid foot but I didn’t love the toe area. I might try on some ccm skates before I buy but it’s hard to find them around where I live for some reason. 

• SaveByRichter35 changed the title to Comparing Bauer Boots and CCM Boots

I have been wearing the Bauer cowling-less skates for about 5 years now ( onto my second set), and the fit just hasn't been great in either the s170 skates, (my first pair) or the x900's, which I am currently in. I am looking to get a new pair of skates and was wondering if the fit in the ccm tacks skates have a  similar enough fit to the Bauers that they would maybe give a bit of a better fit without too much of a change in attack angle, blade holder height, toe protection, etc. so basically just wondering if it would be worth it to make the switch or if it would be too much of a difference. 

Archived