Help - Vaughn C/A Arm Sizing Question

Big2

Guys I am looking at getting my son a new CA, and right know I am interested in Vaughn Ventur SLR Pro.

My only problem is that the arms are not adjustable, I would like to get the CA modified per the Brians arm adjustment system.

Can someone tell me if they ever got this type of modification and where I should go for this type of work?? Ideally in Canada if possibel?

My first course of action is to see a cobbler (shoe repair person), bring in your CA and pix of what this system looks like. They could probably make a system like that or just make something simple that would work similarly (if not executed the same way). 

If it were me, I would separate the arms from the chest, sew on jenpro on each part, poke holes, install eyelets and lace in the arms to the chest protector. This would not be that hard to do at home.

On 4/16/2017 at 8:41 AM, Big2 said:

Guys I am looking at getting my son a new CA, and right know I am interested in Vaughn Ventur SLR Pro.

My only problem is that the arms are not adjustable, I would like to get the CA modified per the Brians arm adjustment system.

Can someone tell me if they ever got this type of modification and where I should go for this type of work?? Ideally in Canada if possibel?

Is custom an option for you? If you asked Vaughn for lace in arms, they could probably accommodate that. 

If you want to go stock, then Bunnyman is dead on. Any hockey repair or cobbler should be able to cut that, sew up the cuts, and add eyelits for you. 

15 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Is custom an option for you? If you asked Vaughn for lace in arms, they could probably accommodate that. 

If you want to go stock, then Bunnyman is dead on. Any hockey repair or cobbler should be able to cut that, sew up the cuts, and add eyelits for you. 

Eyelifts?

15 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Its not that difficult to do yourself either.  I had a Sherwood T100 that I needed to shorten the arms on, so I went to Walmart and bought a pack of grommets that came with the tool and everything.

I did the same thing on my Bauer.   Just removed the arms by using an exacto knife to cut the stitching that held it together.   Installled a couple grommets on each side and laced them in with bungee cords.   That made them adjustable and provides more give at the same time.   Best of both worlds, IMO.   My last C/A was a Koho that already had grommets, so all I had to do was replace the lacing with bungee cords.   It wasn't difficult at all, however, if you are not comfortable doing it yourself, any shoe repair place should be able to do this for you relatively cheaply.    I don't have a picture of my Bauer, however, I did add a picture of my Koho.   If you are adding grommets, you would only need 2 or 3 on each arm.   

Koho C-A Arm Bungee Mod.JPG

To all - this is past my DIY capabilities so I will pass on doing this myself!

Was able to track down a guy that did some repairs to my sons equipment in the past who use to work at a large surface Hockey store in Montreal: it will either be him or custom!

Thanks for the input

Could you not just ask for the arms to be a different size?  I did that with my previous McKenney... Large body with medium arms.

I'm back in a Vaughn 2200, in large.  But if I ordered a new unit from Vaughn I'd go with the medium arms as I have a longer torso

5 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Could you not just ask for the arms to be a different size?  I did that with my previous McKenney... Large body with medium arms.

I'm back in a Vaughn 2200, in large.  But if I ordered a new unit from Vaughn I'd go with the medium arms as I have a longer torso

They would definitely do that.  I have seen many people get that over the years.  @Big2 try calling Vaughn back and asking them about this option.

• SaveByRichter35 changed the title to Help - Vaughn C/A Arm Sizing Question
  • 2 months later...

Sorry as you have seen I have another post on CA selection and in the mean time I was informed by a store that the best way to resolve the arm length issue with Vaughn is to get them stiched to the proper length.

With 16 week lead times from Vaughn I would not order a custom set from them. I also have seen pictures on the Ventus SLR Pro Carbon that seem to show some form of arm adjustment I should know more by this weekend!

Archived