EcoPro Toe Straps

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked up a pair of these and I'm very impressed with the quality and design of these so far. 

They're very sturdy and have nice bulk and a nice detail is the metal eyelet and extra pair of bungee chord.

Great product at the price of $20.  These are a huge upgrade from my current Nash bungee toe ties.

20190328_093539.jpg

20190328_093558.jpg

20190328_093628.jpg

20190328_093648.jpg

7 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

20$ 'aint too shabby.

Mind tossing a pic up once they're attached?

Of course. 

I'll put them on tonight and I can do a side-by-side with my Nash ones once I have them off and then I can show these once they're on.  For being the same basic product the Nash and Ecopro versions are very, very different.  These are much nicer in many ways.

I have a sliding toe bridge on my pads and I think I'm going to try anchoring these in place on the inside edge of the bridge with a skate lace knot.  We'll see how that goes. 

Alright.

Here are some comparison pics of my Nash bungee ties and my new Ecopro bungee ties.  

These are by far more substantial and higher quality of construction and feel. The diameter of the chord is a bit smaller on the Ecopro ones,  but they are unused and my Nash ones are used, so I'm not sure if they expand over time.

The two are almost the exact same length, just a few millimeters off.

Question for you guys: how can I anchor the attachment in place on the inside corner of my sliding toe bridge so that it doesn't slide? I need a good life-hack. I thought of a skate lace knot but the chord is still able to pass over the lace.

@coopaloop1234

@cwarnar @SaveByRichter35 @goalieThreeOne @BadAngle41 what do you guys think?

20190328_181850.jpg

20190328_181951.jpg

20190328_182108.jpg

20190328_182139.jpg

20190328_183328.jpg

20190328_183405.jpg

@seagoal I'm not sure.  The bungee makes the sliding toe obselete.  I have my fist set of HALs on a sliding toe and my pads still felt floppy.  The only thing I can think of would be to put a bit of water resistant glue (the stuff used for skate cuts) to prevent it from sliding.

27 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

@seagoal I'm not sure.  The bungee makes the sliding toe obselete.  I have my fist set of HALs on a sliding toe and my pads still felt floppy.  The only thing I can think of would be to put a bit of water resistant glue (the stuff used for skate cuts) to prevent it from sliding.

Yeah, I know.

I ordered a sliding toe bridge before drinking the bungee Kool-Aid.

There's gotta be a way to lock it in place. 

Well, this sorta works. I just relooped the lace enough to block the channel so the chord won't pass over. Not sure about longevity,  though.

20190328_191409.jpg

1 hour ago, goalieThreeOne said:

Just order a replacement toe bridg if the screw heads are accessible on the other side. Or you could thread them through a washer and use contact cement to keep the washer in place.

Yeah, I just found a standard toe bridge for $14 and I ordered it.

I'll just have play twice more with this current set-up on the slider but I found a secure lace knot fix that will be fine until the new bridge shows up.

Also, for transport and storage I tuck my velcros in my boot strap housing that are now vestigial appendages on my pads :)

20190328_221501.jpg

20190328_221550.jpg

20190328_221609.jpg

20190328_221653.jpg

On 3/28/2019 at 9:57 AM, cwarnar said:

@seagoal I'm curious to see how you like the sandwich Velcro... I always found ii to be overkill.  Quality looks solid... and they even delivered on a purchase ;)

Used these for the first time last night and no problems or concerns.  In fact, they had a little better snap-back than the Nash ones, which is a nice benefit. 

I use S190 skates and criss-crossed them in front, a la Savebyrichter35, then routed them through the first small hole and then through the big center hole and up.

Perfect snap-back and I'm very impressed overall.  $20 very well spent.

Oh....and we won our first playoff game, 6-5 in OT against our rivals.  Super, crazy fun game. 

4 hours ago, seagoal said:

Used these for the first time last night and no problems or concerns.  In fact, they had a little better snap-back than the Nash ones, which is a nice benefit. 

I use S190 skates and criss-crossed them in front, a la Savebyrichter35, then routed them through the first small hole and then through the big center hole and up.

Perfect snap-back and I'm very impressed overall.  $20 very well spent.

Oh....and we won our first playoff game, 6-5 in OT against our rivals.  Super, crazy fun game. 

That's a lot of criss crosses lol.  I only cross them at the toe bridge and through the main middle center hole and up.  

5 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

That's a lot of criss crosses lol.  I only cross them at the toe bridge and through the main middle center hole and up.  

Yeah, I wanted the chord to be a taught as possible to maximize the pad snap-back when I return to my feet.  tried a few different ways in the locker room and this extra cross through the first hole seemed to work. 

43 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Yeah, I wanted the chord to be a taught as possible to maximize the pad snap-back when I return to my feet.  tried a few different ways in the locker room and this extra cross through the first hole seemed to work. 

I did that for two games with my Prolaces. Tried the single cross and didn't notice a difference.

Don't change anything for playoffs, but it may be worth the ease to just to a single cross.

3 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I did that for two games with my Prolaces. Tried the single cross and didn't notice a difference.

Don't change anything for playoffs, but it may be worth the ease to just to a single cross.

Noted, thanks Coop.  

I play pick-up tomorrow night so I may try a couple different ways.

Archived