Bobrovsky Skate holder ?

Watching tonight’s game between Boston and Columbus and on the Boston goal they soomed in on the goal line, during this zoom in I realized that he is not wearing a 1 piece True skate, his holder looks like last years CCM with bolts on the side of the holder to hold the blade ?.

Does anyone know who’s holder he uses ?

1 hour ago, bunnyman666 said:

It is a Swiss cowl that is about $1000 a pair.

Also extremely hard to get. Other than "he is used to them and comfortable in them", I think there is very little reason to consider these now than the VH 1 Piece skate exisits. Bobs has used these since before that product existed.

6 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Also extremely hard to get. Other than "he is used to them and comfortable in them", I think there is very little reason to consider these now than the VH 1 Piece skate exisits. Bobs has used these since before that product existed.

Remember also that pros like what they like and Bobs most likely orders $10K worth of steel and cowls several times per year, possibly on his own dime (Tim Thomas used to spend all of his team-provided budget, plus his own money on gear) to be supplied with plenty. You could not just go to your local shoppe and buy steel for this cowl! These are produced by the same people who produced the Airexxess masks! I would be willing to bet those cowls would not be in the Blue Jackets’ end of season sale!

2 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Remember also that pros like what they like and Bobs most likely orders $10K worth of steel and cowls several times per year, possibly on his own dime (Tim Thomas used to spend all of his team-provided budget, plus his own money on gear) to be supplied with plenty. You could not just go to your local shoppe and buy steel for this cowl! These are produced by the same people who produced the Airexxess masks! I would be willing to bet those cowls would not be in the Blue Jackets’ end of season sale!

Goalie Gear Nerd posted on these before. I believe the source for these changed. They started with Airexxess, but someone else is is doing them now. The masks are not by a medical composites company and just called RXS goalie masks

42 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Goalie Gear Nerd posted on these before. I believe the source for these changed. They started with Airexxess, but someone else is is doing them now. The masks are not by a medical composites company and just called RXS goalie masks

Yeah I just can’t remember who is doing them these days. I still have the website somewhere. I will post a link later if I find it ...

On 4/30/2019 at 8:14 PM, Big2 said:

Watching tonight’s game between Boston and Columbus and on the Boston goal they soomed in on the goal line, during this zoom in I realized that he is not wearing a 1 piece True skate, his holder looks like last years CCM with bolts on the side of the holder to hold the blade ?.

Does anyone know who’s holder he uses ?

https://www.ws-composite.ch/cowlings/

• 2 months later...

Archived