Brian’s Optik Blocker Thumb Padding Piece

Jonathon v

Hey all just want to get thoughts on peoples experiences  with the optik blocker with that little air cushion that you can put on the thumb. I am full right so when I did a demo on the blocker I had it for about a month without needing to return it and it didn’t have an air pillow so I was used to not having one. Got my blocker today and used it on the ice and felt a little harder to move with the air pillow on. Also it fell off halfway through practice and I pushed it in the net, it feels good without it on. Only thing is the optik sidewall isn’t good and a decent there without the air pillow hurts. Anyone else feel the same?

1 hour ago, Puckstopper said:

It only took me a couple skates to get used to it on mine, now it's a non-factor.   I'd see if you can get used to it for a few hours on the ice before giving up on it.

Well i was wondering if its like sacrificing a little bit of performance for protection... i'm not sure if it is because I'm not used to it, but i feel when the air pillow was not on the blocker I had a tiny bit better blocker, and when the pillow was on i could feel it pushing against me hand and it felt like I couldn't move my hand AS well as without the air pillow. Will it always be slightly easier to play without the pillow, or is it like breaking in new gear

9 hours ago, Jonathon v said:

Hey all just want to get thoughts on peoples experiences  with the optik blocker with that little air cushion that you can put on the thumb. I am full right so when I did a demo on the blocker I had it for about a month without needing to return it and it didn’t have an air pillow so I was used to not having one. Got my blocker today and used it on the ice and felt a little harder to move with the air pillow on. Also it fell off halfway through practice and I pushed it in the net, it feels good without it on. Only thing is the optik sidewall isn’t good and a decent there without the air pillow hurts. Anyone else feel the same?

It weighs nothing and adds padding. I am surprised this is something you'd want to take out. I never had an issue with mine falling out. You can move it up or down on the velcro if it's not in the right spot.

• SaveByRichter35 changed the title to Brian’s Optik Blocker Thumb Padding Piece

Archived