Gear You Have Never Seen Up Close

TheGoalNet

Here's a pic of the gear that I have I always wanted to see up close, but never have. What's on your list? 

To Clearify - I consider this a different topic than gear you've never worn! I have seen VH Skates and would love to try them, but at least I have touched those... 

Air Exess Mask

Darling Spec SZ3 @Brians_Joz

True 6.0 ABP

Passau C&A @GoalieTimmy33

Maltease Bib

Never Seen.png

Might be able to see a True stick very soon! I am curious has the balance of a 1S or if it feels more like the T120, which I believe is lighter 

PS - NO ONE else has gear they've only seen in pictures they are dying to hold up close? 

Maybe it's because I am trying to be more spartan. The problem is, I wanted to buy it all!

I'd love to see a set of Aeroflex or Winnlite pads, but all examples are used up or over-priced. I'd love to personally see heavily campaigned gear from the likes of Liut, Plante, Bowers, and especially Esposito. That is all but impossible. 

Otherwise, I am pretty well set as far as gear goes.

8 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Maybe it's because I am trying to be more spartan. The problem is, I wanted to buy it all!

I'd love to see a set of Aeroflex or Winnlite pads, but all examples are used up or over-priced. I'd love to personally see heavily campaigned gear from the likes of Liut, Plante, Bowers, and especially Esposito. That is all but impossible. 

Otherwise, I am pretty well set as far as gear goes.

HAHA - I get seeing the original box pad is cool for nostalgia reasons, but would you would actually consider wearing those? I bet they stick to the ice 

17 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

HAHA - I get seeing the original box pad is cool for nostalgia reasons, but would you would actually consider wearing those? I bet they stick to the ice 

I would wear them for nostalgia, i.e. when it is crappy stick and puck time.

Now- with a few design tweaks, a pad that pays homage to those would be fantastic!

I feel like I'll likely add to this list, but I've always wanted to see/try a pair of Scrivens' pads. So intuitive. I know that with the SLR & Pro V Elite, the Rotational Control Strap or whatever it is is identical to the 'professor strap', but I've always had a crush on his setups and his negatively curved pads (due to how tight he wears the professor strap). 

Scriv.thumb.jpg.da6af736caabe95b127c112573f6c612.jpg5942b329e96a4_Scriv2.thumb.jpg.31edf915ed19cdb4ba771cd0237d20f6.jpg

10 hours ago, djtendy said:

I feel like I'll likely add to this list, but I've always wanted to see/try a pair of Scrivens' pads. So intuitive. I know that with the SLR & Pro V Elite, the Rotational Control Strap or whatever it is is identical to the 'professor strap', but I've always had a crush on his setups and his negatively curved pads (due to how tight he wears the professor strap). 

I thought the corners cut from the ILP were illegal in the NHL; but I also realise he is not in the NHL any longer.

I wear an elastic professor strap and FULLY believe in them. I have provisions built into my PAW pads so that it does not pull the lacing cord.

26 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I thought the corners cut from the ILP were illegal in the NHL; but I also realise he is not in the NHL any longer.

I wear an elastic professor strap and FULLY believe in them. I have provisions built into my PAW pads so that it does not pull the lacing cord.

All of the new 1x pads along with some 1s pads have the angled knee blocks. I know lundqvist has had them at least since 2014. I'm not sure when Scrivens started using them 

13 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Might be able to see a True stick very soon! I am curious has the balance of a 1S or if it feels more like the T120, which I believe is lighter 

PS - NO ONE else has gear they've only seen in pictures they are dying to hold up close? 

I'd love to get my hands on masks from Cubberly and Harrison.

8 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

For which mask?

I would assume both. The boys from Bandits Goalie School have one of the largest goalie mask collections on earth. He owns the Essensa mask in his profile image, as an example. 

On 6/15/2017 at 1:55 PM, bunnyman666 said:

I wear Monster Hockey Bacon Straps in my roller pads because the velcro knee elastic on my first gen Velocities was toast. I love it. I'd still love to see the leather strap/neoprene behind-the-knee setup in person, though.

8 minutes ago, djtendy said:

I wear Monster Hockey Bacon Straps in my roller pads because the velcro knee elastic on my first gen Velocities was toast. I love it. I'd still love to see the leather strap/neoprene behind-the-knee setup in person, though.

Certainly! 

I am curious how the hard strap would work compared to the elastic.

Archived