Free Agent Frenzy 2019 - Your Guesses

Chester

Thought id start a thread for the amateur prognosticators. Those individuals who can try to out guess each other and predict which teams will land what players, PRIOR to them signing.

Yes, "free agent frenzy" will start on July 1st, but not all sign on that date.  So get your guesses in while the players are still unsigned.

My thoughts,

Bobs and Panarin to Florida. Reimer bought out.

Lehner to Columbus. 

Mike Smith to Pitt as a stable backup for Murray. (And this new "load management" theory) I think we will see backups getting more games this year.

Mrazek to stay in Carolina.

Carolina will buyout Marleau (he will ask for it) Then he'll sign with San Jose. 

Varlamov - Calgary

With Orpic retiring, they'll throw some money at Jake Gardiner. 

With the leafs losing Zaitsev, Gardiner and letting Hainsey walk, throw some money at Tyler Myers?? 

Im on the fence with Matt Duchene. Stay in Columbus (theyll have $ when Pan/Bobs walk) or will the Canadiens attempt something.  

Thoughts and predictions??

One of the TSN guys suggested that Talbot would end up in Calgary!

Can see Lehner sticking with the isles and Varley heading to Carolina if Mrazek / Mac leaves

Also been a rumour since the trade deadline that CBJ will try and grab Quick once Bob is officially gone

58 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Allen traded or bought out in St. Louis. Yes, he won a Cup, but was touted as a starter.

That's like saying that Rask or Jeff Zatkoff have won a cup.

I doubt anyone would trade for him and he's halfway through his contract, either they bury him in the minors or ride it out.

9 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

That's like saying that Rask or Jeff Zatkoff have won a cup.

I doubt anyone would trade for him and he's halfway through his contract, either they bury him in the minors or ride it out.

A few goalie coaches that teach in my neck of the woods won Cups wearing the back up towel around their neck and tout that they have won a Stanley Cup, so “winning a Cup” can literally be loosely interpreted. They are excellent coaches, so watching the starter helped their coaching acumen. Notice that few superstars EVER become wonderful coaches. But I know what you’re saying...

I think Allen would garner more than a jelly doughnut, though I have no idea what his contract is. The contract could dictate trade value. He was so highly touted when he was in the juniors and minors. He did do better when Brodeur was coaching him, but I don’t think he ever matched his hype. 

5 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I think Allen would garner more than a jelly doughnut, though I have no idea what his contract is. The contract could dictate trade value. He was so highly touted when he was in the juniors and minors. He did do better when Brodeur was coaching him, but I don’t think he ever matched his hype. 

He's got two years left at ~$4.25 Million.

There are far more enticing available guys out there.

I am surprised to hear rumors of both guys leaving Carolina. Surprised Columbus wouldn't try to entice bob more. Hoping detroit gets ride of the train wreck that is howard. The Isles would have to be pretty stupid, almost pittsburgh/detroit stupid, not to resign Lehner. I don't think allen will go anywhere. Wouldn't be surprised to see quick traded somewhere.

Lehner has already told NY media he doesn't plan to talk to any other teams. I'd say he's a lock to resign with the Isles. Calgary is interesting, they definitely want someone with experience to tandem with Rittich. I could see Smith going back to Calgary on a cap friendly one year deal.

Archived