New Pad Design - the final four. Er... Five.

Lucky Pucker

New Pad Design - the final four. Er... Five.  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which design goes best with the gloves (and looks sickest, if convenient)

• Option 1
    • Option 2
    • Option 3
    • Option 4
    • Option 5
    • Pick your own damned colours, LP!
    • I will pay for your custom pads

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Option 2. Red should be the primary colour and stand out.

You almost had me clicking the last option. Could you imagine the wrath I'd hear from the Finacee if I told her that I offered to buy someone else pads?

"Sorry sweetheart, I clicked on the option. I'm legally not allowed to back out".

11 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Option 2. Red should be the primary colour and stand out.

You almost had me clicking the last option. Could you imagine the wrath I'd hear from the Finacee if I told her that I offered to buy someone else pads?

"Sorry sweetheart, I clicked on the option. I'm legally not allowed to back out".

Just tell her "hey, babe, the poor guy spent all his money on a kilt... and kids - and at least I'm keeping it in Canada!"

Oh, and beer. I spend a lot on my beer habit.

2 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I picked 4 but I preferred one from your previous thread.

Well, if you pick "I will pay for your pads," and send me some cash, you can choose the other design - LOL!

But seriously, was it this one you preferred? I think this looks bad ass - at least on the customizer.

image.png.87094d000e95d627f99955809d58f0d1.png

3 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Well, if you pick "I will pay for your pads," and send me some cash, you can choose the other design - LOL!

But seriously, was it this one you preferred? I think this looks bad ass - at least on the customizer.

Yes.  And to improve upon it I would even make the white "spike" that comes up from the inner toe red instead of white.  Of course, again, this all goes by my thought that as long as everything is red white black then I don't think everything has to match 100%.  If you want all the graphics to be as close as possible to matching I would say 4 or 5.

17 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I like this one better too as it minimizes that amount of red in the design.   Just a personal preference, but I feel like red is a color that really takes over when used as more than an accent.

10 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

I like this one better too as it minimizes that amount of red in the design.   Just a personal preference, but I feel like red is a color that really takes over when used as more than an accent.

17 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Yes.  And to improve upon it I would even make the white "spike" that comes up from the inner toe red instead of white.  Of course, again, this all goes by my thought that as long as everything is red white black then I don't think everything has to match 100%.  If you want all the graphics to be as close as possible to matching I would say 4 or 5.

Hmmm. I thought I was OK with ruling out the black boot theme, but I'm feeling the love for it here. I think this works pretty well actually - even with the gloves. Not super matchy-matchy, but more than passingly complementary:

image.thumb.png.be67582d07423718fa9cd0debce253cf.png

image.png.c1d6fc87c3b56df38454b46f8ee89e21.png

23 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Hmmm. I thought I was OK with ruling out the black boot theme, but I'm feeling the love for it here. I think this works pretty well actually - even with the gloves. Not super matchy-matchy, but more than passingly complementary:

Appreciate the votes, and especially the comments here folks! Pulled the trigger on this design. Pretty happy with it! Now to pretend that I still like my old pads for the next 10-14 weeks (all the while hating them with a quiet disdain, their future ensured only by the fact that I need some resale cash out of them.)

BTW - I am still accepting offers for someone to pay/offset the cost. The combined cost of my first two cars was less than these pads! LOL!

2 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Appreciate the votes, and especially the comments here folks! Pulled the trigger on this design. Pretty happy with it! Now to pretend that I still like my old pads for the next 10-14 weeks (all the while hating them with a quiet disdain, their future ensured only by the fact that I need some resale cash out of them.)

BTW - I am still accepting offers for someone to pay/offset the cost. The combined cost of my first two cars was less than these pads! LOL!

Excited for you man.

I'd supplement this post with a wonderful gif, but I can't seem to upload anything without error. :thumbdown:

9 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Excited for you man.

I'd supplement this post with a wonderful gif, but I can't seem to upload anything without error. :thumbdown:

Appreciate that, brother!

And for the record, I never once claimed to my wife that this would be "the last pair I ever have to buy," so we might all be back here in a similar poll thread in a few years - LOL!

10 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

And for the record, I never once claimed to my wife that this would be "the last pair I ever have to buy," so we might all be back here in a similar poll thread in a few years - LOL!

I'm sure your wife would've seen through that very transparent lie anyways. :P

9 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

You know that will not be the case, Mark!!!!

Though weirdly enough, I have settled into my favourite pads. But knowing me, I will become restless and get another pair. My wife thinks I have FAR too many sweaters, however.

On 7/24/2019 at 8:20 AM, Lucky Pucker said:

Yes!  That is exactly what I was thinking.  

8 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

LOL - part of me hates that I didn't come up with my "winning design" on my own, and I was really effing close to going without that red spike... but in the 11th hour, I decided I wanted less white on there.

...but if they look like shit in person when they arrive, I'm buying white Jenpro, and sending you the bill, @SaveByRichter35

:rofl:

Archived