Difference between 1 piece and 2 piece catcher glove

gotc

Debating picking up a CCM P2 set where they have a 2 piece catcher and wondering if there's a major difference between their 1 piece and 2 piece glove, and opening up the discussion more generally, advantages and disadvantages of both styles?

Thanks for your help!

3 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

two piece gives you a bit more flexibility when stickhandling/shooting the puck. people say it’s not as good if you’re making a blocking save where the two piece is and you can get a stinger but i haven’t had issues with it. i love the added flexibility 

I went from a 2-piece Vaughn to a 1-piece Warrior. Not sure if 1-piece Warriors are exceptional when it comes to stickhandling/shooting, or if the whole "1-piece/2-piece" debate is overblown, but I haven't noticed the 1-piece cuff negatively impacting my play. For me, it's been a straight upgrade in every way.

I was super excited to get a 1-piece.  Then i did.  Played with it a dozen times.  Quickly went back to 2-piece.  Just more comfortable, and I didn’t realize how much I’d grown accustomed to the feel of the 2-piece.  1-piece just always pushes forward.  Sometimes i felt like i wasnt closing gaps the right way.  The 2-pieces just moves with you differently.

23 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

I went from a 2-piece Vaughn to a 1-piece Warrior. Not sure if 1-piece Warriors are exceptional when it comes to stickhandling/shooting, or if the whole "1-piece/2-piece" debate is overblown, but I haven't noticed the 1-piece cuff negatively impacting my play. For me, it's been a straight upgrade in every way.

was the other way around for me. my first glove was a one piece ccm, looked around for gloves and decided lt98 was right for me. i might try the one piece slr2 in the future. overall i think it’s just preference.

Archived