What do the Lefevre Pad Codes Mean?

Dero

so Lefevre has four lines of pads... and we are seeing a few pros move from bauer/ccm moving to leferve. mostly on their instagram, most guys have opted for the L20.1. is this a stiff or soft pad. and also what are the other three????? like idk if its just me but im not a fan how all the lines are "L (##) . (#)" like i dont get it. does anyone know the specifics of all four lines and the differences?

on another note, warrior does this too, R/m1, R/F1, R/G4, R/G5, R/GT2. Like why do they not just name the line something. like Optik / gnetik or supreme/vapor 

The lines are numbered based off of the year they were introduced to the market:

87 - 1987 heritage pad (super soft)
L4.1 - 2004 When the Premier pad was introduced (stiff)
L12.1 - 2012 when the first Eflex pad was introduced

If you're confused about current naming conventions, you'd be absolutely boggled to have seen what Vaughn used to do.

2 hours ago, Dero said:

so Lefevre has four lines of pads... and we are seeing a few pros move from bauer/ccm moving to leferve. mostly on their instagram, most guys have opted for the L20.1. is this a stiff or soft pad. and also what are the other three????? like idk if its just me but im not a fan how all the lines are "L (##) . (#)" like i dont get it. does anyone know the specifics of all four lines and the differences?

on another note, warrior does this too, R/m1, R/F1, R/G4, R/G5, R/GT2. Like why do they not just name the line something. like Optik / gnetik or supreme/vapor 

Warrior is doing more like a 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 fashion. As coop says, Vaughn was all over the place.

@Dero - Lefevre is only doing Pro level gear at the moment. The naming structure ties into the year the pad was designed. 

L87 - Retro pad to honor the 1987 start of Lefevre

L4.1 - Based of the Premier lined debuted in 2004

L12.1 - Based of the EFlex line debuted in 2012

L20.1 - Is a new pad debuting in 2020

Why the ".1" after the 4,12, and 20? Because Lefevre could likely partner with another brand, like True, in the future. If that happens there will be senior and junior lines. If that happens, there could be a 12.3 line in the future that would be a senior pad 

29 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Why the ".1" after the 4,12, and 20? Because Lefevre could likely partner with another brand, like True, in the future. If that happens there will be senior and junior lines. If that happens, there could be a 12.3 line in the future that would be a senior pad 

In my head it was so that they could update the pads each cycle and next year's pad would be 20.2, etc. Your way of thinking probably makes more sense. 

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Dero - Lefevre is only doing Pro level gear at the moment. The naming structure ties into the year the pad was designed. 

True would make sense as a partner as the pay the license for the NHL and everything that Lefevre manufactures True does not. But it's a business and what makes sense from a manufacturing and partnership prospective doesn't always mean the dollars add up for the companies.

55 minutes ago, Teezle said:

In my head it was so that they could update the pads each cycle and next year's pad would be 20.2, etc. Your way of thinking probably makes more sense. 

Yes, another logical guess too.

My opinion is that Lefevre as a stand alone company only making NHL grade gear in Canada it NOT a long term thing. It will either be True by Lefevre, Warrior by Lefevre, etc or they would have to make an off shore line like 20.2

22 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Yes, another logical guess too.

My opinion is that Lefevre as a stand alone company only making NHL grade gear in Canada it NOT a long term thing. It will either be True by Lefevre, Warrior by Lefevre, etc or they would have to make an off shore line like 20.2

Any potential inside knowledge you're secretly putting out there? Or just conjecture?

On 3/16/2020 at 12:59 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

The lines are numbered based off of the year they were introduced to the market:

87 - 1987 heritage pad (super soft)
L4.1 - 2004 When the Premier pad was introduced (stiff)
L12.1 - 2012 when the first Eflex pad was introduced

If you're confused about current naming conventions, you'd be absolutely boggled to have seen what Vaughn used to do.

3 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

FWIW based on my exchanges w/ Stephen @Lefevre the L87 and L12.1 are the same pad... the L87 just has the vintage skin like relationship between the CCM ExtremeFlex line and the corresponding RetroFlex line.

• SaveByRichter35 changed the title to What do the Lefevre Pad Codes Mean?

Archived