Jump to content

Glove: GT Pro or GT2 Senior


Recommended Posts

Looking at purchasing a new glove, and I know there have been numerous Warrior comparison discussions and I've read through them, but I haven't found the answer to this question.  What's a better value, the GT Pro glove or the GT2 senior glove (for $10 more).  I know the basic differences: single tee GT vs double tee GT2, GT 70 degree closure vs GT2 75 degree and different thumb angle.  And I know Warrior uses the same quality jenpro for pro and senior gear.  I don't have the option of trying on the GT as I'd be purchasing it online.  Any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I'm new to the forum but been lurking for awhile.  Hello everyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi and welcome to the board.  I own neither, but after my research and echoing others here on the board: GT2 Senior will be the same internals as the GT Pro, so, no downgrade there.  They feel like two different gloves due to the thumb angle change on the GT2, and that is what it should boil down to.  I would love to get a GT on clearance right now, but I hate the way the glove, and all previous Warrior gloves, felt on my hand.  I love the way the new thumb angle feels because it feels like my last two gloves (Simmons 995 and 996), which let me catch like how I learned to catch when I played baseball.  It feels more natural to me, so I would go GT2.  But, I'm not you.  Any way you can order both and return the one you don't like if you can't try them on somewhere?

Link to post
Share on other sites

welcome to the board. I used a GT2 Senior for the past season (7 months, about 75 skates) its fantastic. I rarely get popouts or stingers,  and the closure is excellent. would totally reccomend you get it! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the input guys.  I'd heard the senior gear uses last model's pro internals, if that's the case it's a hell of a deal.  Think I'll probably go for the GT2, sounds like it's pretty universally loved whereas the GT was mixed opinions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, McColl_35 said:

Thanks for the input guys.  I'd heard the senior gear uses last model's pro internals, if that's the case it's a hell of a deal.  Think I'll probably go for the GT2, sounds like it's pretty universally loved whereas the GT was mixed opinions.

you wont regret it! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Max27 said:

welcome to the board. I used a GT2 Senior for the past season (7 months, about 75 skates) its fantastic. I rarely get popouts or stingers,  and the closure is excellent. would totally reccomend you get it! 

What level of shooters are you facing? I plan to get some senior g5 pads and blocker and a pro glove. Last time I used a senior glove it was a while ago and was a Rbk 9k and I felt a lot of shots through it from low level beer league shooters. I’m not familiar with the protection of warrior SRgear 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

What level of shooters are you facing? I plan to get some senior g5 pads and blocker and a pro glove. Last time I used a senior glove it was a while ago and was a Rbk 9k and I felt a lot of shots through it from low level beer league shooters. I’m not familiar with the protection of warrior SRgear 

Warrior senior gear will be fine with dealing up to JrB/A players. Itll get real beat up though 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Thinking of sticking with sr pads/blocker and getting pro glove. 

Then you'll be fine.  Helmet, C/A, Jock, and Glove are the pieces I think most people should strive to get a Pro level of. Mostly since what they protect are super important and the protection of the Senior stuff works more than fine for the rest of the body. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Thinking of sticking with sr pads/blocker and getting pro glove. 

But as far as I understand, senior Warrior gear uses the same internal materials as the previous model's pro level gear.  So shouldn't senior gear be up to the task?

Edited by McColl_35
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, McColl_35 said:

Looking at purchasing a new glove, and I know there have been numerous Warrior comparison discussions and I've read through them, but I haven't found the answer to this question.  What's a better value, the GT Pro glove or the GT2 senior glove (for $10 more).  I know the basic differences: single tee GT vs double tee GT2, GT 70 degree closure vs GT2 75 degree and different thumb angle.  And I know Warrior uses the same quality jenpro for pro and senior gear.  I don't have the option of trying on the GT as I'd be purchasing it online.  Any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I'm new to the forum but been lurking for awhile.  Hello everyone.

Welcome! I echo what @dreadlocked1 said.  The biggest difference between the two is the thumb angle.  GT1 closes more with the finger area of the glove (70 degree). GT2 is more of a baseball style closure (75 degree) with a forward thumb position.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quadzilla32 said:

What level of shooters are you facing? I plan to get some senior g5 pads and blocker and a pro glove. Last time I used a senior glove it was a while ago and was a Rbk 9k and I felt a lot of shots through it from low level beer league shooters. I’m not familiar with the protection of warrior SRgear 

I played JV this past year and also practiced with players on varsity and some play AA/AAA 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, McColl_35 said:

But as far as I understand, senior Warrior gear uses the same internal materials as the previous model's pro level gear.  So shouldn't senior gear be up to the task?

I’ve heard this too but pro gear has hypercomb in it and suppose to make the gear more protective and give better longevity. There might be some other slight differences but I’m not to sure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I own tha GT SR. No protection issues, just some wear spots issues. The pro version should be a little more durable. I have tried the GT2 SR in a shop and it felt real nice on my hand. Although I'm a little traditionalist, I do see and like the fact that the double T helps the glove open up even more giving more catching coverage. 

It really comes down to personal preference. 

Welcome to the family 😎

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RichMan said:

I own tha GT SR. No protection issues, just some wear spots issues. The pro version should be a little more durable. I have tried the GT2 SR in a shop and it felt real nice on my hand. Although I'm a little traditionalist, I do see and like the fact that the double T helps the glove open up even more giving more catching coverage. 

It really comes down to personal preference. 

Welcome to the family 😎

Here’s my question I was told the Sr and pro use the same jenpro on the outside and pro material from the previous generation on the inside. That means the only difference in the current pro model is newer foams and hypercomb. If they use the same outside material and last generations pro foams wouldn't the glove last almost just as long as the current pro version with the exception of hypercomb. Does it make the glove last that much longer with that in there?

this is all from what I’ve read and word of mouth I’m  not sure of the jenpros are in fact the same or not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My issue areas are the T bridge, the jenpro split open at the facing ridge after only 20 games or so. I expected better. Other spot is at the bottom corner of the palm where the stick makes contact and grip. 

I had read that internals were essentially the same but then, it's a lot of different info from different places.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RichMan said:

My issue areas are the T bridge, the jenpro split open at the facing ridge after only 20 games or so. I expected better. Other spot is at the bottom corner of the palm where the stick makes contact and grip. 

I had read that internals were essentially the same but then, it's a lot of different info from different places.

Does yours look like something like this? This was after 7 months and at the end of the two years was only mildly worse.

My GT2 has worn ALOT better, but the wear below was mostly a non issue

7niaWwx.thumb.jpg.5d49d5cdc321ba893986a8fbaa7205df.jpg.453592dec487a8772a3b475ce7c60d17.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...