Junior Hockey: What to Expect?

ThatCarGuy

As the title implies, I have signed with a junior hockey team up in Wisconsin. Besides much colder weather than the lone star state, what should I expect from this season as someone who’s just barely age eligible for juniors?

For those curious here’s the jerseys:

56893EDF-7BB2-429F-BE94-B9564748719D.thumb.jpeg.e9d9a54940d1a757f70620d1829e0b8f.jpeg

40 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

As the title implies, I have signed with a junior hockey team up in Wisconsin. Besides much colder weather than the lone star state, what should I expect from this season as someone who’s just barely age eligible for juniors?

For those curious here’s the jerseys:

56893EDF-7BB2-429F-BE94-B9564748719D.thumb.jpeg.e9d9a54940d1a757f70620d1829e0b8f.jpeg

Can’t add anything but good luck on the new team!

Kyle was from IL. 

Make sure to stay away from any mobs that will burn your town down without regard to the people that live there and have done nothing wrong.  This happened 35 minutes from my house.  Kyle shot in self defense imo.  He probably shouldn't have been there, but all the details have not come out yet, so jumping to conclusions on that situation is just helping make the situation more of a powderkeg.  The media and our governor have done nothing but make the situation more volatile since last Sunday.

• 2 months later...
22 hours ago, breaklouis35 said:

I never had the chance to play Juniors. How has your experience been so far?

Tons of ice time and the team truly is your family once you sign. For my particular team it’s 2 ice times a day and on off ice session. There’s a morning practice and an afternoon skills session. Despite our team being 0-16 I’m loving it. I’ve improved a ton since I got here but I’ll definitely need a break soon to recover a little from the increased ice time. Obviously there’s still your standard hockey guy stuff like drinking and bringing in girls to the house but I prefer to stay out of that. Just something that’s never interested me. 
In short it’s been an incredible experience and if you’re struggling to make up your mind whether or not to play juniors absolutely do it. Junior hockey is the purest form of hockey. No school and you’re not paid to play. Only the guys who truly love the sport can be found on the ice in juniors. 

I’m sure that sounded a bit too rehearsed but that’s because of answered this question a lot from friends and family

2 minutes ago, breaklouis35 said:

Sounds like you're having an awesome experience. I am much too old to play Juniors. I just never had the chance or even the skill to get that far. What league are you in? Is it considered Junior A or Junior B?

USPHL Premier which is tier 3 so equivalent to NA3HL not sure how that stacks up in letters. Hoping to move up next year or the year after since I’m still 16

21 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

USPHL Premier which is tier 3 so equivalent to NA3HL not sure how that stacks up in letters. Hoping to move up next year or the year after since I’m still 16

Cool, I don't know much about the junior leagues nowadays. I know there is a USPHL Premier team at the rink I play at. I think they are the Skipjacks Hockey Club. Best of luck to you for the rest of the season!

Archived