Soft pads user

Yzueblin

3 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Just curious, have you looked at any possible physiological solutions for your hip issues? 
Don't get me wrong.  I love talking about new gear, but I don't think any equipment out there is going to help with hip issues.

I've been battling stiff hips since a couple knee injuries in my mid 20s.  36 years old now, but wearing stiff pads (x-stiff core Lefevre 20.1).

For me, the physical issue was trying to maintain a sedentary lifestyle with the rigorous demands of playing the position (I got very lazy after competitive hockey).  Sitting at work didn't help much.  The issues compounded over time and I ended up with a really tight iliopsoas and weak glutes, causing my spine at the base of my back to pull forward and creating some anterior pelvic tilt.

These days, I'm in/working out of my car for +/- 6-8 hours a day so it should be worse...but I've actually gotten better, because I've dialed in on a solid off-ice routine focusing on the appropriate areas. 

• Lot of glute work with bands and weights.  
  • Lacrosse ball and some other tools for myofascial release on tight areas.
  • Core and balance training, as well as a flexibility circuit as well. 
  • Short warmup before my skate sessions. 
  • Any on-ice warmup is done to ensure I'm focusing on proper mechanics.

Would be happy to post my routine if you or anyone else that sees this wants to take a look at it

I'd like to have a look at your routine

3 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Just curious, have you looked at any possible physiological solutions for your hip issues? 
Don't get me wrong.  I love talking about new gear, but I don't think any equipment out there is going to help with hip issues.

I've been battling stiff hips since a couple knee injuries in my mid 20s.  36 years old now, but wearing stiff pads (x-stiff core Lefevre 20.1).

For me, the physical issue was trying to maintain a sedentary lifestyle with the rigorous demands of playing the position (I got very lazy after competitive hockey).  Sitting at work didn't help much.  The issues compounded over time and I ended up with a really tight iliopsoas and weak glutes, causing my spine at the base of my back to pull forward and creating some anterior pelvic tilt.

These days, I'm in/working out of my car for +/- 6-8 hours a day so it should be worse...but I've actually gotten better, because I've dialed in on a solid off-ice routine focusing on the appropriate areas. 

Would be happy to post my routine if you or anyone else that sees this wants to take a look at it

I like how you become hyper aware of your physical needs and started to work on them. Most people don't do this, so good on you.

4 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Please do if it's not too much hassle :) I've fallen off the bandwagon totally this year and need to start getting into game shape and regain some flexibility.

15 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

for now 3month i do 1 hour training at home ( because of covid 19 ) and 30min mobility its work well i see better result.. my asking was about if i go with a softer pads did my body going to thank me or not hehe 

On 10/19/2020 at 5:19 PM, Xdave90x said:

I'd like to have a look at your routine

On 10/19/2020 at 6:51 PM, motowngoalie said:

Please do if it's not too much hassle :) I've fallen off the bandwagon totally this year and need to start getting into game shape and regain some flexibility.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Does anyone have good break in processes? I have had my vaughn pve’s for two years and they aren’t as soft ad I want them. Double internal breaks and a single outer and they don’t bend they way they should. I see guys with single internal single outer get more flex in their pads than I do. Ex: Fellow full right Taylor Gauthier

95E29506-0745-44FB-A8DE-EEDFD9B0EC95.jpeg
I am going for ya know, this guy’s flex

0A7EBF8F-4171-44AD-A2C4-79C1DF82A2A6.jpeg

@A.YOUNGoalie13 You won't be getting Quick's level of soft pad anymore. He still uses a V4 core that is extremely soft in comparison to what Vaughn pads are now.

You're also combating the notion that you're not going to weigh as much as these guys as you're still growing. As you tack on the pounds, having pads flex with you more will be easier to come by.

Gotta ask, why do you want super soft pads?

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

@A.YOUNGoalie13 You won't be getting Quick's level of soft pad anymore. He still uses a V4 core that is extremely soft in comparison to what Vaughn pads are now.

You're also combating the notion that you're not going to weigh as much as these guys as you're still growing. As you tack on the pounds, having pads flex with you more will be easier to come by.

I want to save my hips by not having to flare my butterfly as wide, even though I get good flare easily. If you look at quicks butterfly from 2012 or 2014 it was much wider than it is now but it can still look wide when the pads flex. I also just like the overall feel when the pads are super soft

On 3/2/2021 at 11:32 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

I find I move significantly quicker and just generally have more mobility as my pad moves with me vs. around me.  The torsional flex of a V4ish pad let's me play athletically with the pad as part of my body, compared to say the newer V9.  The V9 is significantly easier to butterfly in and seals better, but doesn't allow the precise and wide range of movements I like to make.  

Archived