when do the true TF9 goalie skates come out?

Gunner Paradis

I have a pair of true 2 peice skates and I love them but I'm almost due for a new pair, Im wondering if the new TF9 goalie skates are coming out soon or its going to be a while, I can probably make it till around the end of the summer but id rather get used to them and break them in over the summer rather then in the middle of the season. and my next question is are they going to cost more? I was talking to my local play it again sports and they said that they will most likely be more expenive then the price ii paid for my first pair in 2018. thanks

7 hours ago, Gunner Paradis said:

I was talking to my local play it again sports and they said that they will most likely be more expenive then the price ii paid for my first pair in 2018. thanks

I literally laughed out loud when I saw this.  TF9 will be VERY competitively priced and if they're built half as well as the forward version I've used for 6 months or so now they'll be the best value on the market by a pretty wide margin.  Unfortunately I've got elephant hooves for feet (flat and wide) so the TF9 is nowhere near as comfy as my full custom goalie skate, but for the average Joe I think it'll be a huge win.

ya I got the fully custom skates but im looking to get another pair of custom skates because I also have really messed up feet and I thought that they would have a retail version and a custom version like Bauer does with there skates, so like I could walk into a store and grab a pair of ultra sonics or I could get a pair of custom ultra sonics. so is true not doing custom TF9 skates? or are they just going to continue to only do custom skates for the original?

1 hour ago, Gunner Paradis said:

ya I got the fully custom skates but im looking to get another pair of custom skates because I also have really messed up feet and I thought that they would have a retail version and a custom version like Bauer does with there skates, so like I could walk into a store and grab a pair of ultra sonics or I could get a pair of custom ultra sonics. so is true not doing custom TF9 skates? or are they just going to continue to only do custom skates for the original?

Retail off-the-shelf version = TF9

Custom TF9 is a custom True skate, like you've got now.

• 5 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, netminder said:

Whats the hype? It surely cant be the looks, because in just the side profile view there is NINE different words posted on this skate and imo looks cluttered and amateur. Is it the super short tongue that has the lace bite padding extra short too barely only reaching the 2nd last eyelet, or the same ole same ole player caliber protected toe box that makes you want to spend money on this sight unseen?

Why don`t you say what you really feel man ;):D

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, RichMan said:

Is sizing the same as Bauers?

If it runs the same as the forward skates you'll probably want to order a 1/2 size down.  The wides run slightly bigger.   I was very much caught between sizes on the forward skates, but fortunately I suck so much at skating out that it really doesn't matter. 

1 hour ago, Puckstopper said:

If it runs the same as the forward skates you'll probably want to order a 1/2 size down.  The wides run slightly bigger.   I was very much caught between sizes on the forward skates, but fortunately I suck so much at skating out that it really doesn't matter. 

So if I wear a 9 in my Vapors, I can get away with 8.5 in True? I will still ask the shops to make sure but first hand accounts are always interesting. Thanks

Bummed that launch day has come and gone and my LHS hasn't gotten any of these in.

On 6/8/2021 at 7:17 PM, netminder said:

Whats the hype? It surely cant be the looks, because in just the side profile view there is NINE different words posted on this skate and imo looks cluttered and amateur. Is it the super short tongue that has the lace bite padding extra short too barely only reaching the 2nd last eyelet, or the same ole same ole player caliber protected toe box that makes you want to spend money on this sight unseen?

Tongue is velcro-d in like the customs. You can adjust it and pull it higher up so it is more similar to other retail skates.

Is anyone have issues with the toebox protection? Plenty of pros are using custom Trues and they're seeing more shots / harder shots than you or I - and I haven't been hearing of pros getting foot injuries.

The big things with these skates is the price - several hundred dollars cheaper than the equivalent flagships from Bauer and CCM - and the fact that they are insanely thermoformable to really dial in the fit.

Only thing that bugs me is the steel release requires a tool.

If these qualify for the same 30-day satisfaction guarantee that the True player skates have, I think True is going be really successful here.

8 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Bummed that launch day has come and gone and my LHS hasn't gotten any of these in.

Tongue is velcro-d in like the customs. You can adjust it and pull it higher up so it is more similar to other retail skates.

Is anyone have issues with the toebox protection? Plenty of pros are using custom Trues and they're seeing more shots / harder shots than you or I - and I haven't been hearing of pros getting foot injuries.

The big things with these skates is the price - several hundred dollars cheaper than the equivalent flagships from Bauer and CCM - and the fact that they are insanely thermoformable to really dial in the fit.

Only thing that bugs me is the steel release requires a tool.

If these qualify for the same 30-day satisfaction guarantee that the True player skates have, I think True is going be really successful here.

Even the steel release really isn't that big of a deal. Everyone should have a small screwdriver in their bag, and that works fine for popping the catch. If it lowers the risk of my steel popping out when a puck hits it (a la Bauer) that's a worthwhile trade to my mind.

I got a pair and love them so far though I’m waiting for the 4mm steel to be available somewhere. I had used stock 2-piece skates for a while and figured I’d jump in. The release thing is confusing haven’t been able to get them to release fully to put them in the sparks but oh well. 

• 3 months later...
On 6/18/2021 at 9:42 PM, benner33 said:

I got a pair and love them so far though I’m waiting for the 4mm steel to be available somewhere. I had used stock 2-piece skates for a while and figured I’d jump in. The release thing is confusing haven’t been able to get them to release fully to put them in the sparks but oh well. 

Did you have to size down 1/2 a size from Bauer or CCM like I keep reading/hearing about?

About to order a pair, but might have to get 2 different sizes cause my shops don't carry any of their goalie skates.