Montreal Canadiens 2021- 2022 season

RichMan

I'm just going to jump into the thick of things with the goalies.

So at the top we have Price, who is still unfit to play. We have Allen who is pushed into the #1 spot. Then, rising from the bottom (Rockets) we have Primeau, McNiven, Poulin, another cat I don't know and can't remember his name right now, and they just grabbed UFA Montombant from the Panthers.

Now I honestly don't see Poulin sticking around much in either teams. Can't speak for the "forgotten" one since I haven't seen him play. McNiven should IMO have a shot with the Habs for exposer and practice. Primeau is still their darling Price replacement project as I see it. Don't know where Montombant will fit in.

So when Price is finally clear to play, Jake will go back to his original role, but where does that leave the crop down in Laval? Has Montreal complicated things for the Rockets?

Edited by RichMan

50 minutes ago, netminder said:

Whats the dumpster fire comment based on?

Are you sad this Mocumentary should have just been named "Nothing: Toronto Maple Leafs" https://www.primevideo.com/detail/All-Or-Nothing-Toronto-Maple-Leafs/0F73RAEE0NUHJGLATFW5J055SQ

Or they should they have called it Titanic 2?

Man, your trolling sucks lol. I'm the opposite of a leafs fan. 

What I saw against the Leafs tonight is a bunch of crap. Anything we had going up to the finals last season has gone and died. Some trades did not do us well in preserving a possible go at the cup again this season.

Toronto played a solid game.

Montembeault held his own despite the loss. Shot differential between both teams was absurd. 

4 hours ago, netminder said:

LOLexhibition

Not one thing is gone until it matters, wow. What about when the Habs plastering the Leafs just over a week ago? Its LOLexhibition. They lose by a lot then they win. Thats the nature exhibition games. AHL goalies, AHL Dmen, etc all getting their say. I can't tell if you're Habs fan or not here.

Are you delusional? You actually think the Habs have a good team? You realize when covid hit they were 24th in the NHL? Didn't make the playoffs the previous 2 years? Last season they finished 4th and Calgary 4 points behind. In a regular season they are destroyed. Nice what they did in the playoffs and all but don't be blind to what they are, a none playoff team. You need to retool and free up all that cap space with Price 10.5 million who plays like a 5 million dollar goalie during the regular season. They don't have enough, period. 

• Haha 1

Techinically untrue.

2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

Here's the past decade of finals without anyone but the Habs representing Canada....

Sure why not. It's not like the difference between splitting hairs between 10 and 11 years is that big of a talking point.

Though, if you want to get technical, the qualifying round games of the 2020 playoffs is recognized as playoff games. So now you're looking at Edmonton seeing two consecutive rounds of playoffs appearances, Winnipeg with four, and Toronto with five!

15 minutes ago, netminder said:

Your assessment of the qualifying round is incorrect. The "qualifiers" were not playoffs, nor are they historically connected to playoffs, stats or anything but a subsidised round of games for those who were not mathematically eliminated from a playoff spot in the standings yet. So no, the other Canadian teams have done nothing. Montreal, by all means, is easily the MOST succesful Canadian team in the past 2 straight seasons, and by a lot, and thats a written fact and data proven.

The league even stated they're counted as playoffs.

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-nhlpa-ratify-cba-extension-return-to-play/c-317377156

Statistics
For statistical purposes only, all games from the 2020 Stanley Cup Qualifiers (round robin and qualifying rounds) are considered part of the 2020 postseason. Accordingly, all skater/goalie/team statistics accumulated in these games will be included in the 2020 player and team postseason stats. Achievements from these games and series will be included on Records.NHL.com.

Teams participating in a best-of-five series during the Stanley Cup Qualifiers are considered to have made the postseason and participated in a postseason series.

What was that about "thats a written fact and data proven" ?

Edited by coopaloop1234

One more thing. Lets address "plays like a 5 million dollar goalie too" for sec. Im completely baffled where that comes from. Im sure you are unaware of this and maybe you could care less, but up until the 2021 season, Carey Price was named the TOP GOALIE voted on by all the players in his NHL. The very same opponents, his peers, etc. he shuts down day in and day out. Not only was he #1 voted in 2018, but 2019, and 2020 too!. He didnt win for the first time in 4 years but STILL finished votes in the top 3 best goalie in the league by said peers in 2021. He plays like he should be the highest paid goalie every single season of his career and he will help win our Team Canada win gold next February. The 2nd BEST Canadian born goalie isnt even remotely close to as good or reliable nor should many other goalies be paid in the 10 million range other then Vasy now. 

Voted by the nhl lol, voted #1 blah blah, damn you are delusional. The Habs SUCK, that contract also stop them from a rebuild.  Price couldn't beat the Wings 2 seasons ago where again, they finished 24th in the NHL, again, no playoffs the previous 2 years, you hearing this? They haven't made the playoffs in an 82 game season in how long? I been following the NHL for 28 years, my buddies don't like hockey, I live in reality unlike yourself. You still thinking of Price from 6-8 years ago, he's not IT anymore. Wake up. 

7 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Voted by the nhl lol, voted #1 blah blah, damn you are delusional. The Habs SUCK, that contract also stop them from a rebuild.  Price couldn't beat the Wings 2 seasons ago where again, they finished 24th in the NHL, again, no playoffs the previous 2 years, you hearing this? They haven't made the playoffs in an 82 game season in how long? I been following the NHL for 28 years, my buddies don't like hockey, I live in reality unlike yourself. You still thinking of Price from 6-8 years ago, he's not IT anymore. Wake up. 

Best Samuel L. Jackson Movie Deaths - YouTube

6 hours ago, netminder said:

One more thing. Lets address "plays like a 5 million dollar goalie too" for sec. Im completely baffled where that comes from. Im sure you are unaware of this and maybe you could care less, but up until the 2021 season, Carey Price was named the TOP GOALIE voted on by all the players in his NHL. The very same opponents, his peers, etc. he shuts down day in and day out. Not only was he #1 voted in 2018, but 2019, and 2020 too!. He didnt win for the first time in 4 years but STILL finished votes in the top 3 best goalie in the league by said peers in 2021. He plays like he should be the highest paid goalie every single season of his career and he will help win our Team Canada win gold next February. The 2nd BEST Canadian born goalie isnt even remotely close to as good or reliable nor should many other goalies be paid in the 10 million range other then Vasy now. 

I think you're overlooking MAF. 

https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/frozenpool_comparegoalie.php?players[]=1236&players[]=806&period=2020-2021%3AR%3A99

Edited by insertnamehere

• 1 month later...

... but that's only because the world's greatest goalie ever of all time by written fact and data proven Carey Price hasn't played a minute yet. Once he does - they'll automatically become Canada's standard bearer for all things hockey.

Does that sound right? Asking for a friend... 

14 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I think it's safe to say you guys can call me Nostradamus

Edited by chile57

1 hour ago, chile57 said:

... but that's only because the world's greatest goalie ever of all time by written fact and data proven Carey Price hasn't played a minute yet. Once he does - they'll automatically become Canada's standard bearer for all things hockey.

Does that sound right? Asking for a friend... 

Sounds spot on. How could I ever properly argue against such incriminating data?

13 hours ago, netminder said:

Is it game 77 or game 17. You must be brand new....

Are we talking about the team with a projected 2.2% chance of making the playoffs right now?

The team that's on to their worst start as a franchise?

A team that is -22 and is only being beat by a team intentionally trying to be bad?

Apologies netminder, but you don't actually believe this team is good do you?

Perhaps your take on this while scenario is incorrect?

Just a thought.

Edited by coopaloop1234

• 5 months later...
1 minute ago, Lucky Pucker said:

It’s terrible… buddy at work and fellow Habs fan was saying that we (the Habs) wasted a generational goaltending talent. I’m inclined to agree. I mean, imagine if he had spent his career in Tampa or something. Ugh.

Yea I know that feeling all too well.  You guys wasted Price way more than we wasted Hank though.

• Like 1