2022 CCM Axis 2 Goalie Pads Glove Blocker

ThatCarGuy

On 7/21/2022 at 1:08 AM, keeperton said:

I genuinely don't understand why people buy this stuff. I live in a hockey void (greetings from Oregon) and some of the kids I coach and other goalies I play in adult league with will get these gloves and have these issues. I've had junior gloves on my hand that are engineered like complete trash and are uncloseable even with two hands (like, at best part of it comes together but there's no seal). All the Bauer gloves I've tried on have felt nice, the Vaughn gloves nice but stiff, and the (I am biased) Brian's gloves have always worked wonders for me. Closest convert glove for me thus far has been the Hyperlite, haven't gotten to try a Mach on.

I've had an Axis 1 game ready 590 on my hand that was broken in and it could close, but it was still stiffer than my propalm glove. Additionally, I've had a 590 propalm EF5 on my hand and could close it too, the glove was a beat in practice glove for Gianuzzi (Winterhawks) that one of my students got, so it's been broken in nice.

I really feel like they're coasting on brand recognition here and their CHL deals.

Pure Hockey has it as Vietnam for Axis, Axis 2, Axis 2.9, EF5, EF5.9, then China for EF4 products.

My P2 pro glove, not the best, stiff AF.  lefevre built that. 

My Axis game ready is like butter and love it.  Too much hate for no reason. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

My P2 pro glove, not the best, stiff AF.  lefevre built that. 

My Axis game ready is like butter and love it.  Too much hate for no reason. 

Is your Axis stock or custom? My impression is that custom products, especially those for the pros, are better than the stock products in terms of materials and quality. 

2 hours ago, ilyazhito said:

Is your Axis stock or custom? My impression is that custom products, especially those for the pros, are better than the stock products in terms of materials and quality. 

All custom. But why would it be any different if it comes from the same factory most likely. 

• 1 month later...

In lieu of doing an initial impressions/review thread:

Only two skates in. I like the gear. It feels good. Rotation and pad seal is great. I appreciate the S-curve coming from Mach.

But rebound performance is lacking. I got MaxRebound in mine and I swear, it plays like an EFlex. I've had shots off the thigh and the boot just die a foot away from the pad.

Minor stitching issues out of the box on the blocker and catcher. But that's just me being nitpicky,

Edited by ZeroGravitas

2 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

In lieu of doing an initial impressions/review thread:

Only two skates in. I like the gear. It feels good. Rotation and pad seal is great. I appreciate the S-curve coming from Mach.

But rebound performance is lacking. I got MaxRebound in mine and I swear, it plays like an EFlex. I've had shots off the thigh and the boot just die a foot away from the pad.

Minor stitching issues out of the box on the blocker and catcher. But that's just me being nitpicky,

How is the glove closing/quality wise?

• 1 month later...