2022 CCM Axis 2 Goalie Pads Glove Blocker

ThatCarGuy

16 hours ago, ilyazhito said:

I'm asking from experience, because my current Bauer pads slide better than  my old CCM Premier IIs did. 

I have both pads and Axis slide alot better than the P2 it's also because of the flat bottom sliding surface. Bauer still slide better overall. I'm still happy with it. 

Customizers are up at PureHockey - https://goalie.purehockey.com/c/custom-goalie-equipment?mfg_web_name=CCM and Goalie Monkey - https://www.goaliemonkey.com/custom/ccm-custom-goalie-equipment.html

Per the CCM teaser pictures, there are two options this year - Total Custom and Total Custom Pro.
Looks like the new Total Custom Pro option is similar to the custom pad options of years past. Total Custom (without the Pro suffix) looks like to a gimped custom program. Much less options to tweak.

For example with catchers, TCP offers multiple glove stiffness options like before, but TC only offers game ready stiffness. TCP offers the +1 inch deeper pocket, but TC does not.

With blockers, TCP offers a SR XL palm size, while TC only has SR regular and intermediate. TCP allows you to change the finger protection (curved or straight, similar to years past) and adjust the hand tightness. TC does not allow those mods.

For pads, TCP allows a ton of pad core and external break options. TC only allows single break internal cores with or without an external break. TCP allows different materials for the knee landing, knee cradle and boot break, while TC does not allow any mods there. TCP allows additional options for leg channel and boot straps, while TC only has a few options.

Edited by ZeroGravitas
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, netminder said:

Man, it seems like the new palm construction and new backhand doesn't come with the glove if you order the older 580/590/600 style breaks. I don't think I will like the lack of finger stalls. Do we know if the thumb and pinky loops are gone, too?

16 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

These pictures make me think of kites. Especially the red/white/blue.

I think it's all the quadrilateral/triangles designs they are doing. I know it gets said every year, but I think this graphic is the worst yet.

41 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Man, it seems like the new palm construction and new backhand doesn't come with the glove if you order the older 580/590/600 style breaks. I don't think I will like the lack of finger stalls. Do we know if the thumb and pinky loops are gone, too?

I think it's all the quadrilateral/triangles designs they are doing. I know it gets said every year, but I think this graphic is the worst yet.

From what I know there aren't any loops. The guy I spoke with about it wouldn't outright say it's awful, but he gave "that look". 

Axis 1 was far worse. Mission-esque styled pads. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

From what I know there aren't any loops. The guy I spoke with about it wouldn't outright say it's awful, but he gave "that look". 

Axis 1 was far worse. Mission-esque styled pads. 

Pinky loops are my security blanket. I sent out some smoke signals to confirm whether the new backhand and new finger internals are available on the 580/590/600.

I grew up playing roller so I think I have a fondness for "loud" roller-style graphics.

Looks like Monkey may have inadvertently confirmed that custom graphics are coming at some point? The price on the All Out set is very close, if not the same, as a set of Bauer digiprints.

CustomCCM.thumb.png.83f20524a0c611609a5c48a4c155b2c1.png

• Like 1