Thigh protection

Netnewbie

58 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

@SaveByRichter35 doesn't use any (Madman)

@TheGoalNet finally started using some.

Those are the two guys that come up immediately. I'm pretty sure the rest of us are sane and protect the ol' leg hinges.

I've never worn knee pads before. I used to use thigh boards and liked them but my current set didn't come with any and I couldn't be bothered getting some. When I upgrade my gear in the not too distant future I will 100% be using knee protection.

I personally don't wear any thigh boards. I did when I was younger (In my old Vaughn's / RBK pads) but eventually ditched them for knee pads (which also offer thigh protection as well. 

I prefer knee pads so my knee/leg can move freely from the pad, and the knee pads offer more of a 'formed' fit around my leg in a sense. 

My first set of knee pads were the old RBK Grey & Black pair. They were a tad bulky, but loved them. Needed to upgrade recently due to the knee cap protection cracking, so now I'm in some Koho 589 Revolution Pro Swiss Knee guards. Very bulky but awesome all around, especially in the thighs. 

I used thigh boards when I first started only because I didn't have a basis on what I do/don't like. I've taken them off and use the  Vaughn knee pads with the thigh protector built in. But when I first took them off, I wore nothing. That right there is a quick motivator to close the 5 hole faster! Was coming across in a b-fly slide and the one timer hit my trailing leg knee before I was closed up. Next day I went knee pad shopping.

5 hours ago, loki1416 said:

I used thigh boards when I first started only because I didn't have a basis on what I do/don't like. I've taken them off and use the  Vaughn knee pads with the thigh protector built in. But when I first took them off, I wore nothing. That right there is a quick motivator to close the 5 hole faster! Was coming across in a b-fly slide and the one timer hit my trailing leg knee before I was closed up. Next day I went knee pad shopping.

Yep! All it takes is just one shot to get through to get you thinking knee pads. Wakes you up pretty quickly. 

Archived