Bauer Supreme M5 Pro Pads

AnotherRandomGoalie

While that would work and how I used to carry my pads, but i have bungee toe ties so I guess it would work just bounce around a little. After looking at your picture do you just put some skate lace on after to carry them?

On another note I read about how bad the stock cords were and almost every review I read has stated the stock bungee cords broke easily. Well, the first time using the pads the knot on the end of the cord came undone I'm guessing during the game. When I took them off one side was velcroed and the cord was just looped through my skate. I have some other toes ties ill probably slap on there. 

Edited by xmikex32

9 minutes ago, xmikex32 said:

While that would work and how I used to carry my pads, but i have bungee toe ties so I guess it would work just bounce around a little. After looking at your picture do you just put some skate lace on after to carry them?

I just loop some skate lace through the holes on the leg channel side walls. Nothing fancy.

If I used regular skate lace toe ties, I'd just tie those together instead. 

20230530_100425.thumb.jpg.4f0179ff242e832b1ba6718af264c4e4.jpg

On another note I read about how bad the stock cords were and almost every review I read has stated the stock bungee cords broke easily. Well, the first time using the pads the knot on the end of the cord came undone I'm guessing during the game. When I took them off one side was velcroed and the cord was just looped through my skate. I have some other toes ties ill probably slap on there. 

My first game testing out the Machs I had the knot come undone from the velcro end. Luckily it was after the game. 

Their bungees are not good. The length is too short (and I don't have large feet), the attachment point of the velcro tabs is held in place by a small knot, and I had my doubts of the longevity of the cord they used. 

Edited by coopaloop1234

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I just loop some skate lace through the holes on the leg channel side walls. Nothing fancy.

My first game testing out the Machs I had the knot come undone from the velcro end. Luckily it was after the game. 

Their bungees are not good. The length is too short (and I don't have large feet), the attachment point of the velcro tabs is held in place by a small knot, and I had my doubts of the longevity of the cord they used. 

My first practice with my machs the knot on one of the bungees came untied, and then I ended up stepping on it and cutting the bungee so I just went to Home Depot and bought a couple feet of bungee cord and just keep it in my bag because it gets shredded on the posts. But now I’m using skate lace so I don’t have to worry about it.  

Edited by Hockey34

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I like this. That's where I tuck my Pro Laces when carrying/transporting so they don't flop around.

I guess anther skate lace option would be to route some through the unused toe bridge holes.

Agree on stock Bauer bungees by the way...way too short and too tight.  TGN Pro Laces could not come soon enough.

If Bauer reads this they are going to invent an all new revolutionary technology called SeKyoorHoldSTRap made of spaceships and velcro with even more velcro that will attach by velcro.  Retailing for $299 and not compatible with other brands except it will be cuz velcro.

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, seagoal said:

If Bauer reads this they are going to invent an all new revolutionary technology called SeKyoorHoldSTRap made of spaceships and velcro with even more velcro that will attach by velcro.  Retailing for $299 and not compatible with other brands except it will be cuz velcro.

7nocd2.jpg.9f8ed9201d232eb4acf31a5d2c68f807.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Everyones opinion on these pads still good? I've been in an EF5 set that I honestly love for over a year now but I'm coming to terms with the fact that they might be just a bit big on me. Been debating on a used set of Ultrasonics or these. I've used the blocker in the past with an older set so I know how that plays but I'm a bit worried about jumping down to that 2nd price point when it comes to durability and protection.

3 minutes ago, Phil1p33 said:

Everyones opinion on these pads still good? I've been in an EF5 set that I honestly love for over a year now but I'm coming to terms with the fact that they might be just a bit big on me. Been debating on a used set of Ultrasonics or these. I've used the blocker in the past with an older set so I know how that plays but I'm a bit worried about jumping down to that 2nd price point when it comes to durability and protection.

Ive only had mine for a couple weeks but so far so good. I wouldn't worry about protection with the pads and blocker, i cant speak on the glove since I snagged a mach catcher. Each set of pads I have used has gotten stiffer and stiffer and these feel great for how stiff they are. My last set were warrior g5's and the overall pad stiffness is night and day from the Bauer's.