Bauer Supreme M5 Pro Pads

AnotherRandomGoalie

I actually just ordered these and they come in Wednesday. After chatting with someone at the shop I asked ‘is it worth it to upgrade to the Mach’s? What’s the difference?” and they said “marketing. Save your money you won’t notice the difference”

maybe it’s because i just play beer league, but i got tired of waiting for the warrior g6s, and ordered the set. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Soca said:

I actually just ordered these and they come in Wednesday. After chatting with someone at the shop I asked ‘is it worth it to upgrade to the Mach’s? What’s the difference?” and they said “marketing. Save your money you won’t notice the difference”

maybe it’s because i just play beer league, but i got tired of waiting for the warrior g6s, and ordered the set. 

If you get a chance to, please update me on how the pads feel once you get a chance to try them.

23 minutes ago, ilyazhito said:

The pads look good, but until I can see actual performance demos, I'll have to wait on buying them. 

I'm not sure if there will be any performance demos available for these pads because of how Bauer is handling there marketing. They seem to be putting the Mach pads front and center for all the demos, general information, and customization. Which makes sense because it is one of their new primary products but, sucks nonetheless.

Could buy 'em from Pure Goalie and return them.

https://goalie.purehockey.com/support/Returns_and_Warranties/pg_id/11

Returns Made Easy!

If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, return it! As long as your return meets our Return Guidelines, there’s no need to contact us for return authorization.

Any online purchase you make can be returned for a refund, store credit, or exchange at any of our retail store locations as long as it meets the Return Guidelines below.

Need to return an item, but not near a store, no problem! Simply use the no-hassle return shipping label included in your original package or contact customer service to generate the proper return shipping label. When your return is processed, a return shipping fee of $8.99 will be deducted from your refund.

Return Guidelines:

• Unused Items
    • Unused items have an unlimited returns window. For a product to be considered unused, it must:
      • Be in its original packaging
      • Show no scuffs, stains, dirt, or other marks that would indicate use
      • Still be in the same condition in which it was purchased
    • Custom merchandise of any kind cannot be returned.
  • Used Items
    • Most used items may be returned within 30 days, with a few exceptions (see “Used Items – Exceptions” below)
    • Any online order can be returned to any of our retail locations for a full refund. Please make sure to bring all of the items you’d like to return, as well as the receipt for the order, and a copy of your order confirmation email or a packing slip with you to the store to allow the return to be processed as quickly as possible
  • Used Items – Exceptions
    • The used items return policy does not apply to the products from the following categories:
      • Hockey sticks, Hockey shafts, & Replacement stick blades are subject to a One-time replacement when purchased at Pure Hockey in the past 30 days and in accordance to manufacturer-specific policy.
      • Jocks, Mouthguards & Apparel
        • Since the items are personal in nature, we cannot accept returns of jocks, mouthguards or undergarments.
      • Custom Merchandise
        • Custom merchandise of any kind cannot be returned.

You can return used items and there is no exception for goalie gear.

YMMV since I've never done it before myself!

• Like 2

I've been using the blocker since they came out. I've only ever used CCM and wanted to try something different so it's been an interesting change. Rebounds are nice, I how the palm feels more like a player glove, and the adjustable fingers are a nice touch. The only thing for me is how tight the wrist feels, I like how loose my EF4 blocker sits on my wrist.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ilyazhito said:

The most logical approach would be to get M5 pads with Mach (or another customizable) gloves. This way you save money on the pads but get quality gloves. 

This is what Ive done my last several sets. It has worked out pretty well, with the exception of the one time I decided to get a senior blocker instead of pro. First time I’ve felt shots through a blocker. Never making that mistake again. 

• Like 1

Hey OP - did you get a chance to try them at a store? If you haven't, the pad is super solid and so is glove and blocker. Glove seems to have foam inside for the palm (like last years model). Still going back and forth between this and the 3x set! Very impressed with the build quality of the mid level stuff now!

• Like 1

On 6/21/2022 at 4:49 PM, theBandit said:

Hey OP - did you get a chance to try them at a store? If you haven't, the pad is super solid and so is glove and blocker. Glove seems to have foam inside for the palm (like last years model). Still going back and forth between this and the 3x set! Very impressed with the build quality of the mid level stuff now!

Does the pad seem ridiculously stiff in comparison to last years model? 

What’s the outer material on the face of the pad?  The usual Jenpro synthetic leather or Cortech? 
The hockey shop description from their website leads me to believe it’s Cortech on the entire pad and not just knee landing and calf plate.  I would doubt Cortech would cover the face of the pad but I thought I’d ask.

“External Material
C.O.R.Tech Plus skin returns better than ever in the M5Pro pads. The material, also known as Coefficient of Restitution, is designed to quickly return to its original shape right after deflecting the puck. This property is ideal for reacting on rebounds after the initial save. With C.O.R.Tech, the pads are able to give off a longer rebound. C.O.R.Tech also offers a much better sliding surface compared to classic Jenpro leather.”

https://www.thehockeyshop.com/products/bauer-supreme-m5-pro-senior-goalie-leg-pads

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Deltadre said:

What’s the outer material on the face of the pad?  The usual Jenpro synthetic leather or Cortech? 
The hockey shop description from their website leads me to believe it’s Cortech on the entire pad and not just knee landing and calf plate.  I would doubt Cortech would cover the face of the pad but I thought I’d ask.

“External Material
C.O.R.Tech Plus skin returns better than ever in the M5Pro pads. The material, also known as Coefficient of Restitution, is designed to quickly return to its original shape right after deflecting the puck. This property is ideal for reacting on rebounds after the initial save. With C.O.R.Tech, the pads are able to give off a longer rebound. C.O.R.Tech also offers a much better sliding surface compared to classic Jenpro leather.”

https://www.thehockeyshop.com/products/bauer-supreme-m5-pro-senior-goalie-leg-pads

I'm not quite sure, though PureGoalie also makes it seem as if the exterior area of the pad is C.O.R.TECH plus.

https://goalie.purehockey.com/product/bauer-supreme-m5-pro-goalie-leg-pads-senior/itm/47429-41/

Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 10.34.11 AM.png