My Puck Collection

seagoal

Updated family photo

20231127_094302.thumb.jpg.2d1ee2222550123daeaa29f7d31be906.jpg

Confirmed 5 more inbound this week because I got a few USA Hockey pucks and a couple of team logo Winter Classic pucks.

Supposedly I have 2 Tampa Bay Lightning pucks inbound but no word yet on those.  Once I get one of those only Devils, Panthers, Hurricanes, and Sabres remain to close out the NHL-from-the-source piece of the collection. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Updated family photo

20231127_094302.thumb.jpg.2d1ee2222550123daeaa29f7d31be906.jpg

Confirmed 5 more inbound this week because I got a few USA Hockey pucks and a couple of team logo Winter Classic pucks.

Supposedly I have 2 Tampa Bay Lightning pucks inbound but no word yet on those.  Once I get one of those only Devils, Panthers, Hurricanes, and Sabres remain to close out the NHL-from-the-source piece of the collection. 

Looking good dude. It's been growing pretty steadily over the past 4 months. 

https://www.thegoalnet.com/forums/topic/8319-my-puck-collection/?do=findComment&comment=105183

• Like 1

Thanks buddy.  Yeah, I've been more proactive, for sure.  And a lot more people know about it and have taken it upon themselves to gift me pucks, which has been wonderful.  I was just telling my coworker that, unfortunately, after seeing that massive collection online from a dude who calls himself "The Puck King" and other puck collectors, it's taken on a whole new level of enthusiasm.  Kinda went from a guy who "has a puck collection" to a "puck collector." 

I'm gonna start working on getting alternate NHL logos, especially now that I don't need to worry about the "from the source" piece for like 27 of the teams.

2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I was just telling my coworker that, unfortunately, after seeing that massive collection online from a dude who calls himself "The Puck King" and other puck collectors, it's taken on a whole new level of enthusiasm.  Kinda went from a guy who "has a puck collection" to a "puck collector." 

Pretty soon you'll be following in the foot steps of the dude who ate a puck. 

27 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

But don't you want to know that eating vulcanized rubber would make you feel like garbage? 

Hmm, I'd watch only if this dude lived in Buffalo, New York and would send me a Sabres puck, haha. 

Seriously, does anyone live in Buffalo?  I didn't think it'd be the most difficult puck to find through connections/travel but it has turned out to be the case.

2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Hmm, I'd watch only if this dude lived in Buffalo, New York and would send me a Sabres puck, haha. 

Seriously, does anyone live in Buffalo?  I didn't think it'd be the most difficult puck to find through connections/travel but it has turned out to be the case.

See, the problem is that you're looking for a Sabres fan. They're a rare commodity these days. 

#76 Coachella Valley Firebirds

Found my 2nd Kraken AHL team puck tonight at my game.  It's got the wordmark which my 1st one does not have so that's a good find. 

3-3 tie tonight that was made possible by a diving, backhand glove save to my right off a faceoff to my left.  Puck was shot on net, blocked , spun out to my right on edge and the LW one timed it.......right into my diving glove.  3-2 at that point and we tied with a minute left.  Good times. 

20231128_012741.thumb.jpg.37cff61d02192d3b7c7f735363673d1c.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, seagoal said:

#76 Coachella Valley Firebirds

Found my 2nd Kraken AHL team puck tonight at my game.  It's got the wordmark which my 1st one does not have so that's a good find. 

3-3 tie tonight that was made possible by a diving, backhand glove save to my right off a faceoff to my left.  Puck was shot on net, blocked , spun out to my right on edge and the LW one timed it.......right into my diving glove.  3-2 at that point and we tied with a minute left.  Good times. 

20231128_012741.thumb.jpg.37cff61d02192d3b7c7f735363673d1c.jpg

More importantly- where’s your review of the IPA?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

More importantly- where’s your review of the IPA?

Very mild flavor profile, moderate bitterness, moderate hoppyness, super heavy body and viscosity, kinda drinks more like a pale ale, pretty decent even though it's not citrusy or complex, not my fave.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ethanallen said:

@seagoal I have relatives in Buffalo. If they visit this year, I will ask them for a Sabers puck. I can't promise. 

Man, that would be huge.  Thank you @ethanallen for thinking of that.  I would not have guessed that Buffalo was going to be the most difficult, but it's looking to be the case. 

No pressure or expectation.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Man, that would be huge.  Thank you @ethanallen for thinking of that.  I would not have guessed that Buffalo was going to be the most difficult, but it's looking to be the case. 

No pressure or expectation.

That's what community is about. My dad taught me from early on that you should take care of your community because they will take care of you. I see a few bits of my dad's old gear around because he directed it to be given to other players in need. I hope to add to that by helping in this community who has taken me in. Now my cousins better be coming to town LOL

• Like 1

#77 and #78

Kraken and Golden Nights Winter Classic pucks

They came in these fancy little satchels.  Of note, these are the very first pucks in the collection that I have ever ordered online, which broadens my collecting ability by a million times. 

I'm not into buying jerseys so these will do. 

20231129_145626.jpg

20231129_145600.jpg

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, seagoal said:

#77 and #78

Kraken and Golden Nights Winter Classic pucks

They came in these fancy little satchels.  Of note, these are the very first pucks in the collection that I have ever ordered online, which broadens my collecting ability by a million times. 

I'm not into buying jerseys so these will do. 

20231129_145626.jpg

20231129_145600.jpg

Faaaawk! Those are beauts! I’m inclined to say I prefer the one on the right, but the one on the left beckons, too. Well done, my friend! 

23 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Faaaawk! Those are beauts! I’m inclined to say I prefer the one on the right, but the one on the left beckons, too. Well done, my friend! 

Thanks pal.

Not to sound like a homer, I do resent this abomination after all

22ADIMNHLKRRR22THCGSD.webp.597b47d15feae5f3303e9ce6cae64a93.webp

, but the Vegas Winter Classic theme is just such a miss for me. I think Seattle crushed it.

1 hour ago, johncho said:

The more and more I look at it, I really think the Kraken design team did a great job in creating an identity.

For sure.  Even their local marketing and presentations in the arena are all on point, very watery and nautical.   The arena is very heavily covered in LED screens and it feels to me like an sci-fi aquarium.  It's really neat.