My Puck Collection

seagoal

6 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Eventually down the road I want to build a wooden display box with a glass front and slots or channels running vertically with the top open for new ones.  Kinda like a Connect 4 board but made of wood with a glass front.

m54156629187_1.thumb.webp.e081e7f09b5d12b27c36d03d640c369e.webp

m54156629187_3.thumb.webp.b6b1d3bd01e96bdab78c964f315d9c57.webp

Or get you something like THG has on Youtube for his power rankings videos.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Crazy that a beer league team would have their own pucks. 

It's pretty common in our league, a lot of teams order pucks.  Less common in higher levels, obviously.  I have one in the collection called NW Stars though and that's a Div 1 team, which is where former NHLers play.  JT Brown who is the Kraken TV announcer plays in that division.

Edited by seagoal

2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

It's pretty common in our league, a lot of teams order pucks.  Less common in higher levels, obviously.  I have one in the collection called NW Stars though and that's a Div 1 team, which is where former NHLers play.  JT Brown who is the Kraken TV announcer plays in that division.

Yea, just seems like an unnecessary cost haha. I don't think I've ever seen a single team here have custom pucks. 

Maybe in more vain areas of the country like Toronto or Ottawa @Lucky Pucker, but out here in the humble west it's not really a thing. 

2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Yea, just seems like an unnecessary cost haha. I don't think I've ever seen a single team here have custom pucks. 

Maybe in more vain areas of the country like Toronto or Ottawa @Lucky Pucker, but out here in the humble west it's not really a thing. 

We are required to provide our own warm-up pucks and the Home team provides game pucks, so that is a big difference between us and what you guys have in Canada.  So I guess if we are gonna order pucks anyway, might as well throw your logo on them.

35 minutes ago, seagoal said:

We are required to provide our own warm-up pucks and the Home team provides game pucks, so that is a big difference between us and what you guys have in Canada.  So I guess if we are gonna order pucks anyway, might as well throw your logo on them.

That's not different at all. 

There's one league that provide pucks and they are very much an outlier in that fashion. 

There's a reason the bucket of pucks from Crappy Tire are so popular. 

Edited by coopaloop1234

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Nah, man - our beer leagues have whatever pucks guys could beg, borrow or steal. My kids hockey association had pucks with their logo, but I only knew that after a few ended up in my bucket after a half-ice practice.

Agree the cost makes it a non-starter - cuts into the beer budget!

IMG_5374.jpeg

Edited by Lucky Pucker
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Nah, man - our beer leagues have whatever pucks guys could beg, borrow or steal. My kids hockey association had pucks with their logo, but I only knew that after a few ended up in my bucket after a half-ice practice.

Agree the cost makes it a non-starter - cuts into the beer budget!

IMG_5374.jpeg

Look at Mr. fancy beer here. 

A few of my teammates one one team bring 1/2 white claws when it's their turn. 

Assholes. 

5 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Look at Mr. fancy beer here. 

A few of my teammates one one team bring 1/2 white claws when it's their turn. 

Assholes. 

Dafuq is a white claw- and why would you want a full one…?

Yeah, this one was good, and one I had never had before (which is saying something for a guy who has tried >1400 different beers over the last 7-8 years). It’s usually Coors Banquet in the room with this new group I’m playing with this season. It’s fine.