2023-24 Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

4 hours ago, AdamL said:

There are several, but nobody prominent.  Mrazek, Stalock, Stauber, Driedger, I'm sure there are others. 

Tarasov (CBJ) is in the Velocity line, I expect pretty decent things from him. Kahkonen is as well, and I really hope he has a bounce back season, even around a very weak Sharks roster.

I really do think the V10s are being overlooked, only thing really going against them is the thigh is a still a bit thicker, but the rest of the pad is outstanding.

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Via GGN

Markstrom with a very notable change

Screenshot_20230922_205147_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a3259cd0f860381ce7f541c7db696b7c.jpg

This would be a hell of a change, if it sticks.

4 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Isn't Vaughn still #1 when it comes to C/A and Pants usage in the NHL? At least they're still carving out a section on the pro side since their Velocity line has practically disappeared from the show. 

Aside from Quick's V2's, who else is even using the Velocity line? Feels like all Vaughn users are SLR guys. 

They're definitely still dominant in pants. I got my SLR3 Pro Carbon pants in last week and they are beauts.

I thought Quick was in V4s that were hybridized with a couple of other things? Anyhow, I expect the SLR4 to get a little more traction. After talking with a rep I believe they really focused, and are focusing, on bringing everything (especially the SLR) into the modern sphere and cutting the weight from the SLR3->SLR4 as well as not being "stiff, for a Vaughn" and instead actually stiff on the thigh.

Edited by keeperton

After some quick getty images browsing

Woll with a new graphic

Toronto Maple Leafs participate in their second day of training camp in preparation for the 2023-24 season

Samsonov in L4.1 skinned as Hzrdus. Somehow the graphic looks better on these than it does on an actual Hzrdus pad.

Toronto Maple Leafs participate in their second day of training camp in preparation for the 2023-24 season

Sorokin also debuting a custom graphic. Guessing Bauer wants to push goalies with unique specs into digiprint pads rather than have them wear a stock graphic.

New York Islanders Preseason Camp

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

That would mean the V10's are already PVE's since the only point of the PVE was a Velocity pad with Ventus strapping. 

The strapping does look basically identical.  Same copycat version of the Quick Motion system from Lefevre.

SLR4 Strapping.JPG

Edited by AdamL

9 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Sorokin also debuting a custom graphic. Guessing Bauer wants to push goalies with unique specs into digiprint pads rather than have them wear a stock graphic.

New York Islanders Preseason Camp

Shadow.thumb.jpg.69f516dcf5d291f7120dcd11b6ff3345.jpg

The shape of the lines looks kind of like the Shadow....? Anyone else seeing it?

Edited by ZeroGravitas
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, keeperton said:

I really do think the V10s are being overlooked, only thing really going against them is the thigh is a still a bit thicker, but the rest of the pad is outstanding.

They addressed the knee stack thankfully, and the thigh rise looks appropriate for higher level use now.  If they brought the weight down it may be able to compete with the PX3, but I'd still have a hard time choosing the V10 over a PX3 if I was ever going to place a custom order again.

22 minutes ago, AdamL said:

They addressed the knee stack thankfully, and the thigh rise looks appropriate for higher level use now.  If they brought the weight down it may be able to compete with the PX3, but I'd still have a hard time choosing the V10 over a PX3 if I was ever going to place a custom order again.

I would be inclined to agree. I think it's really cool that Vaughn is the only company other than Bauer doing the kneeblock-to-face integration (which seems kind of ignored?). I also think that people overrate that feature (especially on the Bauer end), it's a super cool technology/innovation, but has a few downsides that I think are mostly addressed in the StabiliFlex option.

The PX3 is an incredible pad, that's why I'm excited to see its features ported to the 20.2/HZRDUS, I've not felt so properly attached-while-free with a pad on in awhile.

22 minutes ago, keeperton said:

I would be inclined to agree. I think it's really cool that Vaughn is the only company other than Bauer doing the kneeblock-to-face integration (which seems kind of ignored?). I also think that people overrate that feature (especially on the Bauer end), it's a super cool technology/innovation, but has a few downsides that I think are mostly addressed in the StabiliFlex option.

The PX3 is an incredible pad, that's why I'm excited to see its features ported to the 20.2/HZRDUS, I've not felt so properly attached-while-free with a pad on in awhile.

Pretty sure CCM has also done the integrated knee

19 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Hill in the Di-hzrdous (get it disastrous) graphic (still not a fan)DC1C6056-95FE-4F2D-98A1-B1B1DC3B99ED.thumb.jpeg.659deb7189b566003fb53996d571a8bf.jpeg

Thompson rocking all gold. Fucking sick. I know I know, Fleury did it first, but LT has had great style the past few seasons and this continues that trend.72D4FA9A-E06C-4A8C-9EC9-8EE3CA951FFA.thumb.jpeg.e22f95235eb076314a9551534649a5e2.jpeg

1616EE9C-318C-495D-B0BB-0AAA6E66A02E.jpeg.aee1e5105c3b84620eb9af5202ac39f2.jpeg

So Logan Thompson decided to fuck with everyone and ditch the previously seen gold setup for these clean throwbacks

B1EB8A70-9F05-4222-8CC8-EB70DDD1142F.jpeg