2023-24 Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

17 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Ccm is turning their focus towards younger goalies rather than demko and markstrom. 

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Demko in Brians again since he wore it from a young age. Markstrom spent a really long time in Bauer, and now that the 90 degree glove is no longer a separator (yes I know pros were able to get it before but still) I could see him going back too.

On 9/8/2023 at 10:39 AM, keeperton said:

The HZRDUS graphic is actually shaping up, in my opinion, to look decent and/or very flexible. As I posted on, I believe, TGN's post, I think people will look back on this graphic positively in like 6 years, but the hate-dumping on Insta is nuts right now. It's been growing on me.

I'm getting a bit of a Bauer TotalOne vibe with the way it's used here.

image.png.d39b56abfd9d0bf639f21f6e1313f6d2.png image.png.6fb8bb4c3f4fea5cfa1d00463cf12e5c.png

• Like 4

On 9/8/2023 at 1:39 PM, keeperton said:

There's certainly a handful of people I see post on Instagram that make me roll the hell out of my eyes, but I suppose I rather not digress this thread further.

There are a handful of people here that make me roll the hell out of my eyes too:

On 9/7/2023 at 5:42 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Always knew you were some sissy liberal 

1 hour ago, proudSnowflake72 said:

There are a handful of people here that make me roll the hell out of my eyes too:

I don't see the need for this. I passed it off as friendly banter and saw no need to continue further on the topic since it came across as nothing serious. 

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Like 2

On 9/9/2023 at 12:17 AM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Demko in Brians again since he wore it from a young age. Markstrom spent a really long time in Bauer, and now that the 90 degree glove is no longer a separator (yes I know pros were able to get it before but still) I could see him going back too.

Based on this IG story just posted by CCM I'm guessing Demko is sticking around...

https://instagram.com/stories/ccmgoalie/3188926648594843228?igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

1 hour ago, GoalieInTheDesertYT said:

If we are being realistic, how many designs can come out of straight lines on pads?

This has been my take for close to a decade now.   Not sure why people with no ability in graphic design (and I include myself in that group) want to whine and bitch so hard about something with 3 easy solutions:

1.  Get a full custom graphic.   CCM, Bauer and Brians will all do this.  Vaughn will skin in a graphic from yesteryear. 

2.  If you don't want to drop the coin on that, buy another brand.   There is enough commonality these days that an average Joe goalie could play in their second choice of pads and not suffer a major performance drop off.  Gloves can be trickier, but still....

3.  Get over it.  If you really believe you'll play best in whatever brand, get over aesthetics and chase performance.  If the aesthetics get to you that badly, join the solid pads crew.    

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Puckstopper said:

This has been my take for close to a decade now.   Not sure why people with no ability in graphic design (and I include myself in that group) want to whine and bitch so hard about something with 3 easy solutions:

1.  Get a full custom graphic.   CCM, Bauer and Brians will all do this.  Vaughn will skin in a graphic from yesteryear. 

2.  If you don't want to drop the coin on that, buy another brand.   There is enough commonality these days that an average Joe goalie could play in their second choice of pads and not suffer a major performance drop off.  Gloves can be trickier, but still....

3.  Get over it.  If you really believe you'll play best in whatever brand, get over aesthetics and chase performance.  If the aesthetics get to you that badly, join the solid pads crew.    

Sir, this is the internet. 

It's merely exists as a vessel for us to bitch and argue about trivial things. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 9/9/2023 at 11:49 AM, Chenner29 said:

I'm getting a bit of a Bauer TotalOne vibe with the way it's used here.

image.png.d39b56abfd9d0bf639f21f6e1313f6d2.png image.png.6fb8bb4c3f4fea5cfa1d00463cf12e5c.png

In desperation, your feeble mind attempts to see the pad graphic as Bauer inspired. Anything to to shield your weak psyche from the truth - the graphic is basically a Warrior graphic and, likely soon, you'll be wearing these abominations on your legs.

Welcome to hell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

100% it reminds me of the G4. 

tumblr_inline_p9cs3kpNTC1sk8hze_1280.thumb.jpg.97c6a437069517162309a06aeaf5d16d.jpg

Had those above? 

8 hours ago, GoalieInTheDesertYT said:

If we are being realistic, how many designs can come out of straight lines on pads?

This is where I’m at. There’s a general consensus of what looks good. People are in the business to sell gear. 

We fillet “bad graphics” and so it narrows the pool of new ideas. So lots of things are a trend and graphics look similar.