2023-24 Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

Posted (edited)

Binnington Team Canada kit. 

As a pro 580 user. Seeing the rise of 90 degree breaks from other brands where they made long fingers or almost round gloves. I think the Lefebvre glove is still the top tier. To me the benefit of the 90 degree was never the closure, but the orientation of the pocket. I think this photo illustrates the vertical coverage.

IMG_0506.jpeg

Edited by RedX
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, RedX said:

Binnington Team Canada kit. 

As a pro 580 user. Seeing the rise of 90 degree breaks from other brands where they made long fingers or almost round gloves. I think the Lefebvre glove is still the top tier. To me the benefit of the 90 degree was never the closure, but the orientation of the pocket. I think this photo illustrates the vertical coverage.

IMG_0506.jpeg

The 580s always look like they only open half way. I personally prefer a wide and rounded glove to take up more space, kinda like this...

IMG_1751.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RichMan said:

The 580s always look like they only open half way. I personally prefer a wide and rounded glove to take up more space, kinda like this...

IMG_1751.jpg

This isn’t the exact same save, but positions of the gloves is similar kind of in a hand shake position or thumb in the air.

I find with the 580 or more so the Lefebvre 580s your pocket orientation is stays up, where with flatter gloves pocket orientation is more facing the wall. With anything in tight and projecting your hands, to me you get more vertical coverage with the pocket always staying 90. With flatter gloves there is more scoop to the lower ice, where your pad should already be so you end up with double coverage. 

IMG_0812.jpeg

IMG_0829.webp

22 hours ago, RedX said:

This isn’t the exact same save, but positions of the gloves is similar kind of in a hand shake position or thumb in the air.

I find with the 580 or more so the Lefebvre 580s your pocket orientation is stays up, where with flatter gloves pocket orientation is more facing the wall. With anything in tight and projecting your hands, to me you get more vertical coverage with the pocket always staying 90. With flatter gloves there is more scoop to the lower ice, where your pad should already be so you end up with double coverage. 

IMG_0812.jpeg

IMG_0829.webp

I think he just needs to see this oriented the 'right' wayimage.jpeg.16e8ddb30f8883ffa83c0d92f796d1ad.jpeg