2023-24 Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

On 11/13/2023 at 2:57 PM, seagoal said:

Here's the press release photo

juh8it49l488qmbhbzl0.jpg.14667db55296b15febfde9c8279f0c53.jpg

All I gotta say is the players are lucky that they are a good team and winning games.  Imagine being a part of this marketing stunt if they were the Sharks or Oilers?

The guys in SDPN brought up a good point, this is kind of a shitty money grab by the Canes. Nothing like taking advantage of Hartford's misfortune and cashing in on an iconic logo that they killed. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, motowngoalie said:

The guys in SDPN brought up a good point, this is kind of a shitty money grab by the Canes. Nothing like taking advantage of Hartford's misfortune and cashing in on an iconic logo that they killed. 

For sure.  I find it embarrassing to make them wear those pants nowadays too.

8 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Delia debuting the new eclipse gloves

Screenshot_20231123_165706_Instagram.thumb.jpg.6bec0f754566a560c201326b4f8d76a1.jpg

Came here to post this/see if it had been posted. Here's the link to the full post: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cz_0FMMgkkC/?hl=en

I would really like if they posted literally anything about their specs; I want to know what they're calling the break angle and what's supposed to differentiate the blocker. I think it's interesting that even the double-T is offset, since the stock is single-thin-offset.

Similarly, it's kind of nuts to me that True hasn't posted anything (even in their own catalogue) regarding the PX4, only the 9X4. I'm kind of struggling to determine the main differences between the HZRDUS and Catalyst other than the stock boot angle, stock flex profile, and I'm supposing the HZRDUS has a harder face. The blocker is apparently a "615" and the pad has stuff about it being flat/stiff for bigger rebounds.

image.png.e8fab7c80d23643ae638cd05500776fd.pngimage.png.da7ae8f2dd5e589830a18f97a8588bfa.png

The 9X4 skates look/sound incredible, though.

7 hours ago, keeperton said:

The blocker is apparently a "615"

The 615 blocker style was introduced on the 7X3 intermediate blocker and moves the sidewall to the edge of the blocker, similar to ccm, instead of being offset inwards like the 605 and 595. Supposedly it changed the cuff and thumb piece too but I couldn't see any noticeable changes in the pictures

As for the Brian's gloves I know nothing officially but the blocker looks to be aimed squarely at the Supreme line and this could be the rumored brians 580 but I doubt it since Delia's using it and he's used optik/600 forever

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, keeperton said:

Similarly, it's kind of nuts to me that True hasn't posted anything (even in their own catalogue) regarding the PX4, only the 9X4.

There's a kind of weird lapse right now in any type of news relating to gear releases for the spring. 

The one that truly stands out is the Bauer Shadow. No NHLers have the graphic, haven't seen anyone wearing the pads anywhere really. I know we have the leaked marketing information related to it, just strange that there's no one showing it off. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I didn't think the mask was that cool anyways, but, the decision to not allow him to wear it is retarded. 

Same thing for not allowing Thompson to wear the "fight cancer" helmet he had too. 

4 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I didn't think the mask was that cool anyways, but, the decision to not allow him to wear it is retarded. 

Same thing for not allowing Thompson to wear the "fight cancer" helmet he had too. 

I thought Grubauer wore his in a game? The Kraken word mark in purple down his cheek??

6 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

The 615 blocker style was introduced on the 7X3 intermediate blocker and moves the sidewall to the edge of the blocker, similar to ccm, instead of being offset inwards like the 605 and 595. Supposedly it changed the cuff and thumb piece too but I couldn't see any noticeable changes in the pictures

As for the Brian's gloves I know nothing officially but the blocker looks to be aimed squarely at the Supreme line and this could be the rumored brians 580 but I doubt it since Delia's using it and he's used optik/600 forever

Looking at it, without knowing much, I feel like it's something else specifically because the offset-T.

Thanks for the bit about the True blocker, I was really confused looking at it trying to understand what was different from the Catalyst. Was confused/hoping I would (eventually) order the one like I actually got to try on.

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

There's a kind of weird lapse right now in any type of news relating to gear releases for the spring. 

The one that truly stands out is the Bauer Shadow. No NHLers have the graphic, haven't seen anyone wearing the pads anywhere really. I know we have the leaked marketing information related to it, just strange that there's no one showing it off. 

Yeah, it is rather strange. I find it funny that most the NHL guys are still in the Ultrasonic too, regardless of graphic. It's like Bauer really got it right for that market with that pad and the guys all paused and went, "nah, this is great."

5 minutes ago, keeperton said:

Looking at it, without knowing much, I feel like it's something else specifically because the offset-T.

Thanks for the bit about the True blocker, I was really confused looking at it trying to understand what was different from the Catalyst. Was confused/hoping I would (eventually) order the one like I actually got to try on.

Yeah, it is rather strange. I find it funny that most the NHL guys are still in the Ultrasonic too, regardless of graphic. It's like Bauer really got it right for that market with that pad and the guys all paused and went, "nah, this is great."

From what we know, the Shadow is more or less just a Mach leg pad with the Ultrasonic stiffness profile. Would assume some guys would adopt that quickly. When I spoke to someone who knows a lot of behind the scene business decisions related to gear, he said that a lot of the companies are coming out with pretty safe revisions of their current gear as the new year's offerings. 

He said it was related to covid and the fall in revenue. A lot of companies don't want to take risks at the moment. 

Considering how the Hyperlite 2 was barely a change and how the Shadow is only a slight change, it seems to ring true a bit. 

4 minutes ago, RedX said:

Bob’s been wearing this Purple Hockey Fights Cancer mask for the last couple games. 

IMG_9725.jpeg

I wonder if it's slipping under the radar because it's not laden with ribbons and mottos? 

I wouldn't be surprised consdering the guys running the NHL are kind of brain dead. 

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

From what we know, the Shadow is more or less just a Mach leg pad with the Ultrasonic stiffness profile. Would assume some guys would adopt that quickly. When I spoke to someone who knows a lot of behind the scene business decisions related to gear, he said that a lot of the companies are coming out with pretty safe revisions of their current gear as the new year's offerings. 

He said it was related to covid and the fall in revenue. A lot of companies don't want to take risks at the moment. 

Considering how the Hyperlite 2 was barely a change and how the Shadow is only a slight change, it seems to ring true a bit. 

I wonder if it's slipping under the radar because it's not laden with ribbons and mottos? 

I wouldn't be surprised consdering the guys running the NHL are kind of brain dead. 

Maybe, it does have the Hockey Fights Cancer logo on the back plate. 

4 hours ago, RedX said:

Bob’s been wearing this Purple Hockey Fights Cancer mask for the last couple games. 

IMG_9725.jpeg

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Sneaky Bob

So, obviously the league has restrictions on art content.   I'm sure in their approval process they have a list of content areas that are not allowed, which makes sense and that's fine. 

But, there is obviously no mandate that art must be in team colors or even have team content.  There is clearly a type of "can not include_____________" restriction, but I'm pretty certain there are zero types of "must include_____________" mandates. 

So, are they including what is formerly allowed as "Theme Nights" on their restriction list?  

I wonder if Bobrovsky, Grubauer, etc. are being fined and they are just like "meh, ok."  Across the board NHL fines are a joke for millionaire players.  Grubauer makes like $78k / game so if he's fined like $2,000 he just says "Danke" and moves on. 

The whole situation is so strange.