Thinking of selling my leather pads and gloves

Wonder35

I had this set of gloves and pads custom made by Scott Battram about 12 years ago. He had recently acquired some quality hides so I went for it. For a while now this gear has been hanging on my Hockey Wall of Shame, for display purposes only. What a waste!

I would very much appreciate any advice for you learned ‘tenders. I am stuck in a chasm here where there appears to be no market on any current Hockey Gear For Sale forums. It would not take a whole lot of convincing to sell the pads and gloves, but where and to whom?

The pads are 33” x 11”. All straps are buckles. I have changed the original and updated toe straps to buckles (still have 2 sets of toe ties). The Team Canada logo is my version of the original one. The internals are varying densities of foam, No horse hair, I promise. I have regularly maintained the leather. It is dark and supple, showing little wear and tear.

The Trapper is enormous, illegal for any league that I know of but wonderful for us beer leaguers. The pocket is well fortified but the glove opens and closes very easily, heck, it’s leather. Pucks tend to get swallowed up with rare unintentional rebounds occurring.

The Blocker is a more conventional size with a medium size stick glove. Again, it displays the similar Team Canada Goalie Version Logo as that of the Trapper and Pads.

Photos below. I made a mask from a shell I acquired, installing a Warwick cage. It isn’t a high quality game action mask, more of a wall hanger.

IMG_1838.jpeg

IMG_1843.jpeg

IMG_1849.jpeg

IMG_0046.jpeg

Edited by Wonder35
Spelling

Don't really have much to add other than I would try to keep them. How much trouble would you get into if you moved them out of the garage and into the house? A couple years ago my father bought a Goldwing and banished my equipment from the garage!

Also, very much like the representation of wankel powered road race cars (the MX-5 is neat too). Last year I got to take someone's highly modified third gen RX-7 around Pocono Raceway's North road course and enjoyed it so much that I decided that I was going to take my perfectly good one and go build what is essentially an SCCA/NASA compliant road race car out of it. 

• Like 1