What are you doing in the gym?

I’m looking to up my game in any way. I’ve started eating better and working out again(took a few years off because I’m undisciplined), stretching before bed, juggling…

Right now I’m doing a full body workout with only 2 sets per exercise that I’ll eventually split up into  a few different workouts when I feel I’ve plateaued. So far these make me feel really good. Less knee pain and I feel stronger on the ice. 

im doing 

upper body: Dips, pull-ups, captains chair ab work, dumbbell press, bent over rows, shoulder press

lower body: single leg lunge, side lunge, squat, glute bridges, wall sits, resistance band exercises from a physiotherapist

Curious what you are doing for workouts? 

• Like 2

A thing I've learned with regards to juggling is that it's not very helpful once you've learned how to do it. You'll need to change it up or add in subsections to it (like calling out the number on the ball you are about to toss that's visible to you, or doing bounce juggling with balls that aren't spherical to make it more reactive). Adding these small changes can help keep your brain engaged and work toward improving tracking.

Exercise list right now is all PT based: resistance band training (opening knees, fondas, wall sits, side stepping), exercise ball bridges, single leg presses, barbell squats, split squats (with weight), kick backs. All with the goal of building the glutes and thighs to support the hip bones better.

I also do full body workout which I have divided to 2 training days with different sets per exercise. Our team trains on ice on Wednesday and Friday so I go to the gym on Monday and Thursday.

On Monday: bench press, deadlift, incline bench press

On Thursday: overhead press, back squat, chin-up, dumbbell bicep curl, shoulder press

I do all the other exercises with dumbbell, except the final exercises of the day (and of course chin-ups). Those I do until failure so it's safer to do them in a machine. I have found that this program works for me very well, because I can train full body in just 2 hours per week and I don't have to spend hours at the gym. At this age, it's nice to use time also on other things than training. 😀

2 hours ago, keeperton said:

A thing I've learned with regards to juggling is that it's not very helpful once you've learned how to do it. You'll need to change it up or add in subsections to it (like calling out the number on the ball you are about to toss that's visible to you, or doing bounce juggling with balls that aren't spherical to make it more reactive). Adding these small changes can help keep your brain engaged and work toward improving tracking.

Exercise list right now is all PT based: resistance band training (opening knees, fondas, wall sits, side stepping), exercise ball bridges, single leg presses, barbell squats, split squats (with weight), kick backs. All with the goal of building the glutes and thighs to support the hip bones better.

I’ve just kept adding juggling balls. Currently working on juggling 5. Once you get a pattern, it’s not really doing anything to just keep doing the pattern. 

• 4 months later...