CCM AB Pro Chest Protector

RichMan

23 hours ago, RockyMountainTendy said:

New Tendy here who was just able to snatch an unused one, on a scale of 1-10 how hot does it get. I'm not that big of a guy either 6'2 170, currently in an Axis 2 chest and id give it maybe a 4/10 on heat, would love to know what you think!

I don’t think it’s super hot. I also put a little peppermint oil on my chest and neck to keep cool. The rinks in Austin run a little warm in the summer, so maybe that has me conditioned to the heat.

20 hours ago, Wake42 said:

I don’t think it’s super hot. I also put a little peppermint oil on my chest and neck to keep cool. The rinks in Austin run a little warm in the summer, so maybe that has me conditioned to the heat.

Might try that soon, I spilled smelling salts on my chesty once and always liked the little bit of smelling salt smell lol

20 hours ago, Wake42 said:

Do you play at the pond a lot that place always seems hot to me compared to the crossover 

3 hours ago, Hockey34 said:

Do you play at the pond a lot that place always seems hot to me compared to the crossover 

Yes, at the pond mostly, with the occasional sub at Chap or crossover. The far side seems to be hotter. 

• Like 1

Update: 

I got the chest in and O M G, it is perfect fits me sooooo well.  and let me tell you o know people say this things a tank but that after its been abuse, mine is brand spanking new and my lord. if you added any more plastic and padding id say it would be able to stop a .22. I cant wait to test it out on tuesday! Ill give yall updates!

IMG_5428.jpg

IMG_5425.jpg

• Like 8

10 hours ago, RockyMountainTendy said:

Update: 

I got the chest in and O M G, it is perfect fits me sooooo well.  and let me tell you o know people say this things a tank but that after its been abuse, mine is brand spanking new and my lord. if you added any more plastic and padding id say it would be able to stop a .22. I cant wait to test it out on tuesday! Ill give yall updates!

IMG_5428.jpg

IMG_5425.jpg

Looks awesome.  What's arm mobility like?  

22 hours ago, RockyMountainTendy said:

Update: 

IMG_5428.jpg

IMG_5425.jpg

That's nice looking c/a !

22 hours ago, RockyMountainTendy said:

Update: 

IMG_5428.jpg

IMG_5425.jpg

I’m a little jealous and I’m not even in the market for a new CA. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, xmikex32 said:

I’m a little jealous and I’m not even in the market for a new CA. 

Im so lucky man, the stars have just aligned for me since getting into this sport, while my skating still isnt great everything else is going almost too smoothly. Im lucky enough to be able to get pretty much every piece of equipment I want, im so lucky dude.

• Like 1

Update after first skate with the new chest:

Unit was a tank, and actually for me not much hotter than the Axis 2 I was using, id give it a 4-5/10 on hotness for me,I also untuck so that helps a little. Mobility and protection were great took a slapshot from one of the ACHA D2 guys here in Boulder off the ribs and didnt feel a thing, besides the pressure of the puck hitting me. Took another slapper off the upper arm again nothing but the pressure. My biggest complaint for the unit was getting my jersey on. Now I'm wearing a Game wear senior Goalie cut which i assume is close to a 58G, id assume i might wanna find a slightly bigger jersey, cause man it was a roughtime getting it on. but overall im loving this unit so much and am super happy with my purchase! 

• Like 1

When I had mine, I did notice a little struggle getting a jersey on but it was mostly because of how the arms don't bend like the off the shelf stuff, all that thick plastic. After all, these are supposed to be NHL spec, which means smaller than what we buy in stores.

Hey Yall didnt know which forum to put this in but it does have to do with the new ABPROSPEC that CCM is releasing here soon. I emailed them a week ago or so asking when it was releasing (before i got my current chest) and the just got back to me, so heres what the said about the release window:

image.png.6731f5a0742e8bdeb8b1be3c901d2ea6.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RockyMountainTendy said:

Hey Yall didnt know which forum to put this in but it does have to do with the new ABPROSPEC that CCM is releasing here soon. I emailed them a week ago or so asking when it was releasing (before i got my current chest) and the just got back to me, so heres what the said about the release window:

image.png.6731f5a0742e8bdeb8b1be3c901d2ea6.png

Sounds like a tentative launch. I'm guessing they'll sell out in a week and we'll have to wait for round 2 within the summer 

11 hours ago, RichMan said:

Sounds like a tentative launch. I'm guessing they'll sell out in a week and we'll have to wait for round 2 within the summer 

Last year we received the ef6 the first week of April. Stores may get them early for a soft launch. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/28/2024 at 3:29 AM, RichMan said:

They didn't even mention the size and 99$ shipping!!?

Old day Ebay fuckery was to load up the Shipping and "handling" to make it seem like a deal, I guess it's still going on.