Non-Standard Stick Lengths

ilyazhito

Where can someone buy a stick with a non-standard paddle length?

I'm asking, because I normally use 26" sticks, but I tried a 24.5" Bauer RX6 stick in a shop when waiting for my skates to be repaired. The only.reason I didn't pull the trigger was because there was only one of that stick. 

When I went on the  Pure Hockey website  to look at stick lengths, both for custom and retail sticks, I only saw sticks in whole-inch increments (24", 25", or 26"). Are there any sources I could check to reliably find sticks in non-standard lengths (or order custom sticks in those lengths)?

Thanks!

stop getting hanged up on the length of the paddle,  u can change the paddle shoulders,  sand it down double slant or top slant or bottom slant.   

Get  rocker blade shaped  and the paddle will be shorter at the same length vs a flat blade.

On 12/26/2023 at 4:33 AM, DL42 said:

stop getting hanged up on the length of the paddle,  u can change the paddle shoulders,  sand it down double slant or top slant or bottom slant.   

Get  rocker blade shaped  and the paddle will be shorter at the same length vs a flat blade.

Is the rockered blade a custom stick spec?

I'm interested to learn more about sanding paddles, but I'm not sure how that would work with composite sticks. I'm using foam core sticks now, but I'm curious about replacements. The blades are getting very worn on the bottom. 

2 hours ago, ilyazhito said:

Is the rockered blade a custom stick spec?

I'm interested to learn more about sanding paddles, but I'm not sure how that would work with composite sticks. I'm using foam core sticks now, but I'm curious about replacements. The blades are getting very worn on the bottom. 

no its not a custom spec some retail stick have it like the warrior wedge and ccm p1 price model.  it a single point of contact on the ice where the blade pivot vs 8 " along the ice surface.

composite stick u can shave on the warrior on composite.

On 12/26/2023 at 6:20 AM, ilyazhito said:

Where can someone buy a stick with a non-standard paddle length?

I'm asking, because I normally use 26" sticks, but I tried a 24.5" Bauer RX6 stick in a shop when waiting for my skates to be repaired. The only.reason I didn't pull the trigger was because there was only one of that stick. 

When I went on the  Pure Hockey website  to look at stick lengths, both for custom and retail sticks, I only saw sticks in whole-inch increments (24", 25", or 26"). Are there any sources I could check to reliably find sticks in non-standard lengths (or order custom sticks in those lengths)?

Thanks!

That is not non-standard or custom stick, it's 12 years old model and Bauer used to mark sticks like that. It's identical with current 23". 

If I remember right 27" was 28,5", 26" was 27", 25" was 26,5" and 23" was 24,5". Bauer's measurement way was different between foamcores and composites. They changed the measurement way when they released 1S line.

8 hours ago, Korppi32 said:

That is not non-standard or custom stick, it's 12 years old model and Bauer used to mark sticks like that. It's identical with current 23". 

If I remember right 27" was 28,5", 26" was 27", 25" was 26,5" and 23" was 24,5". Bauer's measurement way was different between foamcores and composites. They changed the measurement way when they released 1S line.

That makes more sense. If I get a modern Bauer, I would probably be looking at either a 23 or 24. Strange to think that a 5'11 goalie would be using intermediate sticks, but it would make sense if I play a lot of butterfly. 

6 hours ago, ilyazhito said:

That makes more sense. If I get a modern Bauer, I would probably be looking at either a 23 or 24. Strange to think that a 5'11 goalie would be using intermediate sticks, but it would make sense if I play a lot of butterfly. 

I'm 6'2 and shave my 25s down to probably a 24.25ish. This is my first season using senior sticks. Gotta use what works

• 2 weeks later...

Do u guys find that goalie sticks loose there rigidity, firmness, and puck difflection over time.  My 3sticks have lost there ability to snap pucks to the boards.  Feel almost soft   What u guys think. 
there not broken. I have made sure of that.  Warrior v1 pro +, ccm pro lite, true 7x is what I have. 

1 hour ago, raidersgoalie said:

Do u guys find that goalie sticks loose there rigidity, firmness, and puck difflection over time.  My 3sticks have lost there ability to snap pucks to the boards.  Feel almost soft   What u guys think. 
there not broken. I have made sure of that.  Warrior v1 pro +, ccm pro lite, true 7x is what I have. 

Composite sticks will lose their "pop" over time, but they're still very well useable. 

Your sticks my be more broken that used up. My V1 pro is pretty long in the tooth and I'm excited for it to finally bite the bullet, but until it actually breaks on me, I'll keep using it.