Good Pro Level Goal Pants

Bgums13

Well I can tell you that I work in the hockey business and we have every pant (from the big 5 companies) available for sale.

The pant(s) I can sell with my eyes closed every time is either family (E-Flex or Premier) of pant from CCM. The Velocity pant by Vaughn has been a decent seller as well, not so much with the Ventus. Basically once a customer looks and tries on one of those, they won't even look or try anything else.

Take from that what you will.

1 hour ago, ULTIMA said:

Well I can tell you that I work in the hockey business and we have every pant (from the big 5 companies) available for sale.

The pant(s) I can sell with my eyes closed every time is either family (E-Flex or Premier) of pant from CCM. The Velocity pant by Vaughn has been a decent seller as well, not so much with the Ventus. Basically once a customer looks and tries on one of those, they won't even look or try anything else.

Take from that what you will.

I’ve been looking at the premier being that I’m currently in ccm 

Pretty much all of the pants out now are all good protection wise, but they all offer different fits. Do you tuck/untuck the chesty?

I would suggest a wide waist for tucking (CCM Premier, Bauer Reactor/Vapor) but a tapered waist if you don't (EF2, Vaughn). A good idea is to bring in your chest protector and pads when buying a pair of pants, because those would be the two pieces that would interfere the most. 

If you want mobility, Vaughn stuff is great. Haven't seen a VE8 in person, but I was a BIG fan of the V7 XR pant for a tapered/mobile feel in the store (never got to try it on ice though). But I'm the same way as you, wanting a mobile unit and the 1S was surprisingly mobile and allows me to untuck easily. Works great with the thin profile of Optik pads as well. 

22 minutes ago, Aquilzz said:

Pretty much all of the pants out now are all good protection wise, but they all offer different fits. Do you tuck/untuck the chesty?

I would suggest a wide waist for tucking (CCM Premier, Bauer Reactor/Vapor) but a tapered waist if you don't (EF2, Vaughn). A good idea is to bring in your chest protector and pads when buying a pair of pants, because those would be the two pieces that would interfere the most. 

If you want mobility, Vaughn stuff is great. Haven't seen a VE8 in person, but I was a BIG fan of the V7 XR pant for a tapered/mobile feel in the store (never got to try it on ice though). But I'm the same way as you, wanting a mobile unit and the 1S was surprisingly mobile and allows me to untuck easily. Works great with the thin profile of Optik pads as well. 

I untuck with optik pads i was considering 1S pants since they’re on sale 

2 hours ago, Bgums13 said:

I untuck with optik pads i was considering 1S pants since they’re on sale 

You'll be very happy with them! Very protective and mobile. They have one weak spot, but stingers to the thigh last for like 2 seconds. Lightest pant on the market (well I guess 2nd lightest with the 2S out) and the Curv pops rebounds out nicely on those shots that just get the side of the pant.

They fit a bit low on the waist, however. I strongly suggest you try them on with your c/a. I tie into the nylon loop and use suspenders under my chest protector to keep them from interfering with each other.

4 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

You'll be very happy with them! Very protective and mobile. They have one weak spot, but stingers to the thigh last for like 2 seconds. Lightest pant on the market (well I guess 2nd lightest with the 2S out) and the Curv pops rebounds out nicely on those shots that just get the side of the pant.

They fit a bit low on the waist, however. I strongly suggest you try them on with your c/a. I tie into the nylon loop and use suspenders under my chest protector to keep them from interfering with each other.

That’d be exactly how I’d wear mine with them I’ll see if a store locally has them 

I currently have the Koho Revolution 587, they were literally the last one left at the store as I grabbed it right off the wall for $180 and are the best pants I’ve worn. However they do not have an inner belt so they do slide down a little if you don’t use suspenders, probably the only con there is. The lumbar support is fantastic and I haven’t got any stingers in the 5 skates I’ve had them on, they’re also mobile and are very comfortable. 

Archived