n

bunnyman666

• SaveByRichter35 changed the title to Blues to Wear Heritage Third Jersey
11 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Not enough reactions on this site; need unlimited reactions...

I kinda though that too at various times - but then I realized that we might de-value the "cred currency" that is reputation points. Then, reputation point totals would be meaningless, instead of meaning... uh, meaning-ish. LOL!

6 minutes ago, MTH said:

I'm kinda bored with the 'throwback' fad. These are well done though.

Why did the olde tyme goalies tape the paddle right below the grip? They all did it. Wondering what the point was.

Yes! I have noticed that too, and also wondered. It's not a grip thing, as the shaft doesn't have any tape. If I had to guess, I'd say it has something to do with durability; maybe the old sticks would split where the shaft meets the paddle, and this helped prevent against it...?

17 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Yes! I have noticed that too, and also wondered. It's not a grip thing, as the shaft doesn't have any tape. If I had to guess, I'd say it has something to do with durability; maybe the old sticks would split where the shaft meets the paddle, and this helped prevent against it...?

I tape there. Because I like it. Because it seems like the thing to do.

3 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

This makes sense.

Heck even the Soviets thought like us..

cut.jpg

16 hours ago, MTH said:

Butterfly style?

Pfft. 

I play hawk style.

jacques-plante-no-information-on-back-of

(Jake the) Snake style!

Consider for a moment the weight of what he is wearing in this picture: all the deer hair, leather, clunky heavy steel skates - extra tape around the top of the paddle - lol!... and he STILL managed to get AIR?!?!

Amazing.

Archived