Need recommendation on used pads

AWP_1980

Gonna get back in the net after not playing for a while for fun in a beer league. I need some good used leg pads that wont break the bank. I've been out of the goalie equipment loop and am kinda unsure what models I should be looking at. Looking to spend $500 or less, butterfly style pads and I live in Atlanta in the Southern US so I dont have a lot of options to go view much used gear here so it will most likely be an online purchase like Ebay or Sideline Swap. Trying to get as much bang for the buck as possible. Any help with models/pricing or other online places to look would be much appreciated!

1 minute ago, Isles12 said:

There's a really nice set of one95s on the classifieds here for cheap too

I may be a bit biased as I still use one75s lol

How's the 5 hole coverage on those?My last set was more of a hybrid style and didn't cover the 5 hole nearly as well as some of these newer pads I've seen.

25 minutes ago, Isles12 said:

There's a really nice set of one95s on the classifieds here for cheap too

I may be a bit biased as I still use one75s lol

12 minutes ago, Isles12 said:

I don't have any issues with them. They're a pretty square flat faced butterfly pad so they work well for that style. They're also fairly stiff as well

Thank you for mentioning my pads. I didn’t want to do it myself. ☺️

7 minutes ago, Isles12 said:

I don't have any issues with them. They're a pretty square flat faced butterfly pad so they work well for that style. They're also fairly stiff as well

I just saw the set you were talking about on here, not a bad deal for $150 for sure. I'll keep them in mind. 

6 minutes ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Thank you for mentioning my pads. I didn’t want to do it myself. ☺️

Lol! I'll keep an eye on your pads for sure but honestly I'm just in the research part at the moment. I probably won't be buying anything for a couple weeks until once I can get a feel of what is a good buy and can give me good bang for the buck for the budget. 

10 hours ago, AWP_1980 said:

Gonna get back in the net after not playing for a while for fun in a beer league. I need some good used leg pads that wont break the bank. I've been out of the goalie equipment loop and am kinda unsure what models I should be looking at. Looking to spend $500 or less, butterfly style pads and I live in Atlanta in the Southern US so I dont have a lot of options to go view much used gear here so it will most likely be an online purchase like Ebay or Sideline Swap. Trying to get as much bang for the buck as possible. Any help with models/pricing or other online places to look would be much appreciated!

GO TO SIDELINESWAP GO THERE GO GO GO. all i have to say is u can get used top of the line pads for 500$ or less great site.

6 hours ago, Goalieinneed said:

GO TO SIDELINESWAP GO THERE GO GO GO. all i have to say is u can get used top of the line pads for 500$ or less great site.

Ok will do, thanks . Any particular models you have in mind I should be looking at in this price point on there?

13 minutes ago, Goalieinneed said:

if you want high level gear look for 1s

Didn't those have a really bad problem with cracking around the boot...

And problems with foams denting...

On 1/13/2019 at 11:07 AM, AWP_1980 said:

Ok will do, thanks . Any particular models you have in mind I should be looking at in this price point on there?

I would say Vaughn's but I'm pretty sure those had problems with the boot decomposing (fixed in all pads newer than 2017). I've heard good things about Warrior pads though. Don't get me wrong, Bauer is great and all, but the 1S had some major issues.

29 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Didn't those have a really bad problem with cracking around the boot...

I would say Vaughn's but I'm pretty sure those had problems with the boot decomposing (fixed in all pads newer than 2017). I've heard good things about Warrior pads though. Don't get me wrong, Bauer is great and all, but the 1S had some major issues.

foam denting no. But the durability problem can be fixed with pad skinz.

On 1/13/2019 at 7:07 PM, AWP_1980 said:

if you look through u can find good deals on everything. i would try finding pro brians gear.

3 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

It wasn't denting, they recessed the lacing on the front for a cleaner aesthetic and the way they had the laces parallel had them pull on the face of the pads, giving the look of dents. They had durability issues for sure but the foams didnt actually dent. 

On 1/12/2019 at 7:28 PM, AWP_1980 said:

I had some Simmons Exciburs I picked up new in the early 2000's when I stopped playing.

Your probably going to want a softer pad to get back at it.  Modern pads are getting stiffer and straighter and can be pretty tough to adjust to if your not used to it.  I would look at anything Vaughn V6/V7 or CCM Eflex lines.  Bauer Reactor 6000 or 9000, Brian's Gnetik lines would be OK too.  Once you get going again, you may decide to try out some different styles, but I wouldn't recommend starting with anything stiff.  

26 minutes ago, jayluv54 said:

Your probably going to want a softer pad to get back at it.  Modern pads are getting stiffer and straighter and can be pretty tough to adjust to if your not used to it.  I would look at anything Vaughn V6/V7 or CCM Eflex lines.  Bauer Reactor 6000 or 9000, Brian's Gnetik lines would be OK too.  Once you get going again, you may decide to try out some different styles, but I wouldn't recommend starting with anything stiff.  

Awesome! I will check those pads out. Thanks for the response. This was more the info I was looking for as I wasn't sure how the newer pads felt vs the older models I've used and living in Atlanta I dont have access to nearly as much gear down here to try as when I lived in Canada smh.

5 minutes ago, FFMedicGoalie said:

i got full sets of Reebok P4's and Reactor 6k's for 250 shipped on the bay. Selling the reactors now, but deals are not hard to come by once you have a better idea of what to look for

I'll take a look at them. Can you post a link. Gotta get something pretty soon before the season starts. 

Archived