FACTORY MAD GLOVE MODS

DrBeaver

I'm waiting on a custom set of P2s and I'm considering getting the glove modded by Fatory MAD so A I don't have to break it in and B it will close better. I don't necessarily need a floating T.

Does anyone know the cost and what it entails?

I would like to point out that I have no personal experience with Factory Mad, however, I believe I heard that you can specifically ask them to not completely rework the internals. This might lower the cost. This could be completely wrong though. 

Also, in my opinion, I’d be a little bit cautious about completely reworking the internals of the glove. Gloves are designed the way they are for a reason. I personally would prefer a little extra protection over a “baseball” glove closure. But, I could be completely wrong (I have no personal experience) and there might be no problem in terms of design and protection. 

Just my 2 cents.

@bunnyman666 is right on point. I have a pro return CCM EFlex 3 glove with game ready palm for reference. I think the palm was a little beefed up though from my observation and partly why it had trouble closing easily.I just got mine back from Dennis at Factory MAD and couldn't be happier. He re-worked the internals and tweaked a couple other little areas where I thought fit could be better. Got the skate lace pocket and no floating T (plenty of people love the floating T but I just wanted a more traditional look and feel). Like I said, I've used it a handful of times since getting it back and it's night and day. Way better / easier closure, snug fit, plenty of protection - i've taken a few bombs off the palm and no issues with protection. Worth the investment if you're having major closure issues like I was. Just my opinion as I waffled back and forth with sending it to him for months before pulling the trigger.

2 hours ago, dstew29 said:

@bunnyman666 is right on point. I have a pro return CCM EFlex 3 glove with game ready palm for reference. I think the palm was a little beefed up though from my observation and partly why it had trouble closing easily.I just got mine back from Dennis at Factory MAD and couldn't be happier. He re-worked the internals and tweaked a couple other little areas where I thought fit could be better. Got the skate lace pocket and no floating T (plenty of people love the floating T but I just wanted a more traditional look and feel). Like I said, I've used it a handful of times since getting it back and it's night and day. Way better / easier closure, snug fit, plenty of protection - i've taken a few bombs off the palm and no issues with protection. Worth the investment if you're having major closure issues like I was. Just my opinion as I waffled back and forth with sending it to him for months before pulling the trigger.

You were more eloquent than I. Thank you.

@DrBeaver I would not worry about loss of protection. There is a reason why Dennis wants a hand measurement. I have had THREE gloves modded by Dennis to no ill effect! 

@DrBeaver I had Dennis do some mod/repair work last summer... he offered to do the Factory MAD works on the glove and I declined as I was quite happy with it already... just needed some new binding and a new cuff to replace the cracked one. So he will do Internals only... Internals and floating T... or whatever.

My question is what do you mean by "close better"? You make it a second item on your list to break in which leads me to believe you may prefer more of a pancake closure. So why are you getting a P2 in the first place if you don't like how it closes? Why not just get the right glove? I mean breaking a glove isn't that bad of a process... send me the stock glove and a $100 and I'll send it back in a week or two broken in. Just doesn't seem like money well spent on either end.

Actually- Dennis does not break in the glove. I also have a Factory glove I bought brand new that closes great out of the box, yet did not feel broken in at the least. Breaking a glove in and making it close better are two completely different things.  He has never said exactly what he does to the internals, but I suspect he may do something with the hand measurement he requires when you send it in. I imagine when he relaces it, it is not super tight. A gear repair guy whom I can’t recall his name (last name Terio, I believe) touches on lacing a glove not nearly as tight when reassembling the glove. Sara (Paw) used to ask if you wanted your glove laced tight or loose when she’d rebuild a glove. I am certain there is some shaping going on with the internals, but nothing that sacrifices protection. 

2 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Actually- Dennis does not break in the glove. I also have a Factory glove I bought brand new that closes great out of the box, yet did not feel broken in at the least. Breaking a glove in and making it close better are two completely different things.  He has never said exactly what he does to the internals, but I suspect he may do something with the hand measurement he requires when you send it in. I imagine when he relaces it, it is not super tight. A gear repair guy whom I can’t recall his name  (last name Terio, I believe) touches on lacing a glove not nearly as tight when reassembling the glove. Sara (Paw) used to ask if you wanted your glove laced tight or loose when she’d rebuild a glove. I am certain there is some shaping going on with the internals, but nothing that sacrifices protection. 

JASON TERIO

51 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Hmmm break it in yourself 🤔🤔 like I have and many others. 

You could just buy Warrior gloves which have felt perfect to me right off the shelf. Or if you're insane you can buy a Gnetik IV glove at it's whopping $530 USD price point.

Archived