CCM vs True goal skate

Blomman32

5 hours ago, wox33 said:

That's what I was talking about with the the Tacks. But the two retailers I talked to about it didn't know what I was talking about so I was trying to find out if it was really going to be a custom option or not as I figured it would be cheaper than having to go full blown custom on the FT2 to get the right amount of space inside the boot.

I would NOT be concerned with this. CCM has their stuff pretty well together. If you order an AS1 full custom with XSG holder, I don’t think they’d send you the wrong toe cap. I’ve been told multiple times by CCM that AS1 is available with XSG. 

2 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Seriously, like 3 or 4 years late! They haven't even made changes to the goalie pants, or ccm premier chesty just different colours 🤔👎

This happened for 2 reasons... 

1. CCM used to EF set and premier protective 1 year and then premier set and EF protective. They skipped a new release to get everything aligned with release of all premier 2 replacement in 2020 spring and then all EF 4 replacement in spring 2021

2. NHL specs - CCM focused on getting the new pants and chesties going. I’m speculating on this next part, but I think that trumped the retail update of the P2. I also think there might be some debate over doing an NHL legal version at retail or not 

32 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I would NOT be concerned with this. CCM has their stuff pretty well together. If you order an AS1 full custom with XSG holder, I don’t think they’d send you the wrong toe cap. I’ve been told multiple times by CCM that AS1 is available with XSG. 

Alright. I’ll have to go into a Pure the next time I’m in Minny and get scanned and go through the process. The person I talked to at Monkey said this wasn’t an option so I didn’t press any further. I wanted to go through them since I have about $200 in rewards from ordering my EF4 set but I might just have to use that for a stick or something. 

8 hours ago, wox33 said:

Alright. I’ll have to go into a Pure the next time I’m in Minny and get scanned and go through the process. The person I talked to at Monkey said this wasn’t an option so I didn’t press any further. I wanted to go through them since I have about $200 in rewards from ordering my EF4 set but I might just have to use that for a stick or something. 

If you ready to buy, I will double check with CCM for you

29 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

If you ready to buy, I will double check with CCM for you

No biggie. If I have to go custom to get this option I'm going to go in somewhere and do the scan. That probably wont be for another month or so unfortunately.

@wox33 for reference  3DCM is the special I had done. The Total Custom is as it sounds. 

from CCM - 

As for the AS1, it would be a Total Custom Plus option to go XSG holder with it (not the 3DCM).  It is an option though.

A EE FT2 can be modified and stretched out with 3DCM, but if he needs more volume (height) to the skate, then there’s not much that can be done with 3DCM. 

My suggestion would be that once his local store has their FT2 skates he should go in, get scanned, and try on the EE model to see how it fits.  If there are some pressure points, 3DCM can address it, but if there simply isn’t enough volume then he’d be better suited for an AS1 option. 

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

@wox33 for reference  3DCM is the special I had done. The Total Custom is as it sounds. 

from CCM - 

As for the AS1, it would be a Total Custom Plus option to go XSG holder with it (not the 3DCM).  It is an option though.

A EE FT2 can be modified and stretched out with 3DCM, but if he needs more volume (height) to the skate, then there’s not much that can be done with 3DCM. 

My suggestion would be that once his local store has their FT2 skates he should go in, get scanned, and try on the EE model to see how it fits.  If there are some pressure points, 3DCM can address it, but if there simply isn’t enough volume then he’d be better suited for an AS1 option. 

Thanks so much for that info. I'll have to wait and see when retailers get some stock in. Hopefully the wide FT2 will work even if it takes the 3DCM since idk if I have the stomach to pay for the total custom plus at this particular moment.

Archived