Kenesky PP1 C/A

Chenner29

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Kasimir Kaskisuo is currently using a Mach C/A with Laval in the AHL. 

https://youtu.be/YD-q2Kug6J0?si=LtT4Ie0l5gQTLlVY&t=453 (what's in the bag for best view) 

https://youtu.be/BfefjR1Wsk0?si=5j-bxda3Aqkq_Dvm&t=878 (same C/A hanging in the stall) 

I noticed that as well which is very odd considering Mach definitely isn't legal. I assume he gets a waiver because he just rejoined the nhl and hasn't been given a new chest yet

5 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I noticed that as well which is very odd considering Mach definitely isn't legal. I assume he gets a waiver because he just rejoined the nhl and hasn't been given a new chest yet

He's got a new Bauer set already, I'd assume that a new C/A would've come faster.

Plus is that even a thing? Pretty sure all guys in the NHL system have to have their gear signed off prior to play. 

I assumed Bauer just makes it NHL-legal in whatever respect it needs to be. All the retail stuff is its own beast in terms of whether its actually NHL-legal or not (retail Mach leg pads vs custom Mach leg pads).

AFAIK, all AHL/NHL gear is shipped direct from the manufacturer to Kay Whitmore's office for him/his office to give their approval. I know that's how CCM does it, I've seen those invoices.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

I assumed Bauer just makes it NHL-legal in whatever respect it needs to be. All the retail stuff is its own beast in terms of whether its actually NHL-legal or not (retail Mach leg pads vs custom Mach leg pads).

AFAIK, all AHL/NHL gear is shipped direct from the manufacturer to Kay Whitmore's office for him/his office to give their approval. I know that's how CCM does it, I've seen those invoices.

Exactly as he states it in his recent video vlog.

On 2/23/2023 at 9:59 AM, Teezle said:

You could still get the Pro Series body with Mach arms in that case. I believe that is how James Reimer has his chest protector set up now.

That’s my current set up and I love it. After a few adjustments to the bulk it’s great.

On 2/19/2023 at 10:12 AM, RichMan said:

I heard in the InGoal Mag youtube video that the Bauer Pro Series isn't current NHL regulation, it's the arms I think. Not that it matters to most of you but if you like streamlined or play Junior/College, it might be a deal breaker.

It’s also floaters, they’re so wide compared to any other chesty I’ve seen, things have to be like 10 inches wideD6662954-CC8A-4887-8E62-C88287731402.thumb.jpeg.cd2ed8b0a3b1a0bd7157fe5a80043bda.jpeg

16 minutes ago, pfeiffjay54 said:

That’s my current set up and I love it. After a few adjustments to the bulk it’s great.

It’s also floaters, they’re so wide compared to any other chesty I’ve seen, things have to be like 10 inches wideD6662954-CC8A-4887-8E62-C88287731402.thumb.jpeg.cd2ed8b0a3b1a0bd7157fe5a80043bda.jpeg

That specifically is a pro series body which I'm pretty sure has wider shoulders than the normal Mach chest

5 hours ago, pfeiffjay54 said:

Geez, looking at that, makes my 2S look NHL legal lolll