Attention B.C. Goalies

seagoal

Hey you goalies up the road,

I think there are 3, maybe 4 of you in Southern B.C.

Anyway,  my league team has a bye this week and in light of that I am in the process of booking some ice in our local Olympic size rink in Mountlake Terrace, WA north of Seattle.

I need another goalie and how fun would it be for you to come down and skate with us.  The time slot will be 2:45-4:15pm on Sunday June 30.

I thought I'd pitch it here first before I try contacting all the local goalies I know. 

Let me know if you want to come down.  Although it's early in the afternoon and you could get home that evening just fine, I do have a room available in my house if needed.

I know the ice is available as per the front office but I am waiting to get an email from the booking manager.   So it's not guaranteed yet......but will very likely happen. 

Cheers guys.

2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Interesting tactic of trying to find a Canadian goalie during Canada Day long weekend. :P

I probably would have joined had I not already been set to go over to Vancouver Island for the weekend.

Damnit......thanks anyway Coop.

1 hour ago, Flyers27 said:

Hey @seagoal that sounds cool but like coop says, that's a tough weekend for us. I'll be camping that whole weekend. Appreciate the offer though!

All good.

I didn't realize it was a holiday for you up there.

Have a great weekend fellas.

@TheGoalNet feel free to delete this thread.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, I have another potential opportunity for you to come down to WA State, this time for some outdoor hockey. 

My regular Tuesday night pick-up crew has rented the ice in Winthrop, WA for 3 days November 8 - 10. 

Ice times are Nov. 8 7pm , Nov. 9 4pm , Nov. 10 8:45am.  Each session will be a 75 minute pick-up game. 

We are in need of a goalie because our other regular goalie is from NJ and the Devils are in Vancouver that weekend so he is going up there instead. 

Cost for the 3 sessions will be $1,181 divided by 15-22, depending on final numbers, + costs for lodging.  There are small cabins walking distance to the rink for $140/night.

Let me know if one of you are interested in coming down.

image.thumb.png.b480d255dbf903cd10ec1d4ffc02711b.png

image.png.1d3168c9980b3e38e5fe1f3442563c1b.png

@cwarnar ....this is me giving you sad puppy eyes in the window of a puppy shelter.....Our countries are way too big.

image.png.31b96ef2b8a04fdfe6b79dd6c650e519.png

17 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Hey guys, I have another potential opportunity for you to come down to WA State, this time for some outdoor hockey. 

My regular Tuesday night pick-up crew has rented the ice in Winthrop, WA for 3 days November 8 - 10. 

Ice times are Nov. 8 7pm , Nov. 9 4pm , Nov. 10 8:45am.  Each session will be a 75 minute pick-up game. 

We are in need of a goalie because our other regular goalie is from NJ and the Devils are in Vancouver that weekend so he is going up there instead. 

Cost for the 3 sessions will be $1,181 divided by 15-22, depending on final numbers, + costs for lodging.  There are small cabins walking distance to the rink for $140/night.

Let me know if one of you are interested in coming down.

image.thumb.png.b480d255dbf903cd10ec1d4ffc02711b.png

image.png.1d3168c9980b3e38e5fe1f3442563c1b.png

@cwarnar ....this is me giving you sad puppy eyes in the window of a puppy shelter.....Our countries are way too big.

image.png.31b96ef2b8a04fdfe6b79dd6c650e519.png

Yes sir... Oct 20th I get to call Ottawa home for 53 days.  Heading there for work... No gear, no skates the ENTIRE time I'm gone...

1196779076_ScreenShot2019-10-09at12_47_31PM.thumb.png.1ca64bfc2cdefe104c7ee61c7d69e2d1.png

Although I would love a camp where we could get the NW Americans and Western Canucks together... @Imperative, @coopaloop1234, @Kayen... Who else would be down???

3 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Where is @Imperative again?

Why aren't you bringing your gear to Ottawa @cwarnar?

He's in Alberta, near Calgary I think.

It's a very intense training course... I'm put up in residence and don't have access to a vehicle.  And I'm not paying out the nose for cabs or Uber trying to get to the rink for skates.  Although I am going to try and stick with a dryland program... But I'm not sure yet what my spare time is going to look like.

I am hoping to spend a weekend in Toronto and going to see @TGC-Rance to discuss my next set.

Hey @seagoal,

Funny thing happened.  I just saw this post today and realized that I was in Seattle the June 30 weekend.

Unfortunately, I also will not be able to make those games as we will be travelling to Seattle a couple of weeks later for American Thanksgiving.

@cwarnar I would also be interested in attending that camp if I am able.  It sounds like a lot of fun and I would get to meet some more of you guys.

Archived