Warrior R/GT2 Senior Gloves- Initial Impressions

Max27

Yesterday i got new gt2 gloves from pure goalie. Here are my impressions on both gloves! I’ll also provide a 6 month review in February. 

Glove-

of all the gloves in pure goalie, and i checked them all out, the warriors closed the best. And it wasn’t really close, either. The g4 was alright, but the gt2 was far better. It closes better than my Greiss glove did and i used that glove for over a year before Greiss used it. You could hear it snapping shut in the store. It is also extremely light and opens up very nicely! The backhand protection is great, it feels like a molded plastic type material, it’s very rigid and feels like it protects my fingers very well. The one concern i have is protection but since i haven’t used them yet, i can’t say they’re not protective enough. However, Warrior told me that their GT2 senior gloves internals are the same internals on the original GT pro, I’m not concerned with protection. I love the use of Nash on the inside over suregrip. Suregrip feels too tacky for me and Nash feels a lot more comfortable and breathable. 

Blocker

when i was in the store, i originally was going to get the Bauer X900 because of how nice the palm felt. It was ridiculously nice. I tried on the warrior and it felt just as good in my opinion, but the palm on the Bauer’s bunched up when i was holding a stick and i could feel the wrinkling on the palm, which set me over the edge on buying the GT2. I’m glad i did, because this blockers absolutely awesome. I love the removeable palm and thumb, it’s a genius design and in the car ride home i was able to take the palm out and re insert it 2 times in a matter of minutes!! Love the Nash palm on this more than the suregrip i had on my V7. The suregrip isn’t my preference in glove insides material, it feels too tacky where the Nash on both gloves here feels much better.

Overall, I’m enjoying these gloves so far, and I’m beyond excited to start using them. Thank you to @Kirk3190 and the rest of Warrior Goalie for making such a great product!!!

As you're coming from using a Velocity blocker and you liked the X900, you may want to set the glove placement on the blocker to the 'High' position.

This will move the board placement up your arm and will feel like the two blockers above. The 'Mid' selection is akin to almost every other blocker (CCM, Brians, Supreme, 2x, etc).

'Low' is if you're feeling like rocking an Eddy Belfour style blocker.

8 hours ago, Max27 said:

I love the removeable palm and thumb, it’s a genius design and in the car ride home i was able to take the palm out and re insert it 2 times in a matter of minutes!!

That is just irresponsible and dangerous. 

Lol

Seriously though.  I can't be the only one and read that and just pictured doing it while driving.

6 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Pretty sure he's only now eligible to drive anyways.

Yeah i still need to get my permit

20 hours ago, dreadlocked1 said:

That is just irresponsible and dangerous. 

Lol

Seriously though.  I can't be the only one and read that and just pictured doing it while driving.

Oh no My dad was driving lol i would never do that

plus i don’t have my permit yet so i can’t legally drive  

On 8/22/2019 at 12:33 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

As you're coming from using a Velocity blocker and you liked the X900, you may want to set the glove placement on the blocker to the 'High' position.

This will move the board placement up your arm and will feel like the two blockers above. The 'Mid' selection is akin to almost every other blocker (CCM, Brians, Supreme, 2x, etc).

'Low' is if you're feeling like rocking an Eddy Belfour style blocker.

Ah ok thank you for clarifying. I have it currently set as the mid setting and I’m going to try all 3 with my goalie coach next time i work with him and see which feels best on the ice

On 8/22/2019 at 2:22 PM, RyanR3KC said:

I went GT2 as well. The easy close, size of the basket and the hand position into the glove is great 

2E6FE2D2-BFDE-4D88-8570-C7C4B8F4F930.jpeg

Yeah the gloves look and feel awesome i hope i can get the matching pads!!

31 minutes ago, Max27 said:

Ah ok thank you for clarifying. I have it currently set as the mid setting and I’m going to try all 3 with my goalie coach next time i work with him and see which feels best on the ice

Honestly, I'd avoid the "low" setting. It's a very awkward feel and I don't think I've ever heard of anyone liking it.

• 2 months later...

Archived